1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

best phone for audio?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by ubza_1234, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ubza_1234

ubza_1234 Lurker

hi guys!

I'm looking at getting a new phone, and one of my ultimate requirements is great audio hardware and high sound quality. I never really thought the built in hardware (DAC, preamp, power management, etc) made a huge difference, but after buying a Samsung express, compared to my S3, the difference is huge. to be fair, the difference is barely noticeable through headphones, but when I plug the express into my car amplifier, home amplifier, or any another for that matter, the signal is quieter then it should be, noisier and has a little less clarity and dynamics, comparatively speaking. I have a feeling there is an impedance miss match or something with the preamp/dac of the express, as it sounds just fine through the low impedance of the headphones.

so I'm looking at the s4 active, because it appears to use the same hardware as the s4, not to mention it's tough, which is great for someone like me, but not that important if there is something with better audio quality out there. the good audio hardware may only be in the standard model for all I know, I'm not sure.

anyone able to show me some pretty phone specs?

thanks heaps!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ubza_1234

ubza_1234 Lurker

3. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I'm not all that big on the audio but I thought the Sony Xperia Z and maybe HTC One are suppose to have very good audio quality!

Just a thought...

argedion likes this.
  4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

My Motorola Droid Razr M has good audio quality with an external speaker. The internal speaker is ok but sounds great through the external. I bought one of those ihome rechargeable speakers and I put some Floyd on it and could hear everything like I can on my pc.

In the end though its going to be your personal preference. Which sounds better and cleaner to you.

5. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

I'm really pleased with how good the sound and speaker quality is of the Galaxy S4

argedion likes this.