• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best phone for listening music with external memory support upto 1tb.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
Hi I am Rupesh from India. I have music files upto 250 gb and so I am searching for best android phone to listen music. I am also searching for phone with memory card support upto 1 tb and greater.

Actually I love to listen music and so is there any android phone which provides rich experience in listening music and at the same time which has support upto 1 tb and greater.

I have some music files in opus format which are speeches and I have listened these in some Android mobiles like HTC, Motorola, redmi etc., and by listening some mobile's provided noise and I was unable to hear the speeches properly while others produced output from earphones with quality.

I am asking which is the best android phone which does best in processes like noise cancellation, volume normalization, replaygain, equalizer etc.,. As I am not a photographer I am not bothered about camara and it's quality.

What I am expecting is an android mobile at lowest cost and which provides high and rich quality while listening to music and at the same time external memory card support upto 1 tb and greater.

Is there any android mobile which has special processing unit for audio like there is separate processing unit for graphics ie., gpu.

Regards,
Rupesh.

You also stated:

"I am also searching for phone with memory card support upto 1 tb and greater."

You ain't going to get that in a micro-SD. The largest capacity micro-SD currently manufactured is 256GB. If you can find a phone with USB OTG, that supports external card readers and hard-drives. No particular phone comes to mind. I'm sure there's many phones available in India, including Micromax and Lava.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The non-US version of the LG G6 comes with a Quad DAC which I'm told sounds phenomenal. However the best headphone experience I've actually had is with the HTC 10 which also has a Quad DAC and lets you setup an Audio Profile specifically for your ears and headphones. While not officially Hi-Fi the HTC 10 sounds awesome, truly awesome.

And Oh yeah there is no such thing as 1TB support yet. Any 1TB microSD cards you may see on e-bay are fake.

Upvote 0
The non-US version of the LG G6 comes with a Quad DAC which I'm told sounds phenomenal. However the best headphone experience I've actually had is with the HTC 10 which also has a Quad DAC and lets you setup an Audio Profile specifically for your ears and headphones. While not officially Hi-Fi the HTC 10 sounds awesome, truly awesome.

And Oh yeah there is no such thing as 1TB support yet. Any 1TB microSD cards you may see on e-bay are fake.

Can you please suggest the correct model of HTC 10 because there are number of models starting with HTC 10. Someone suggested that HTC one m8 also sounds good for audio.

5 months back one of my friends brought HTC mobile which has 2 TB external memory card support but I have not noticed the model number. In the casing of the mobile itself they have clearly mentioned that at present there is memory card manufactured with 1 TB but in the future if any card is manufactured the present phone will support it.

Upvote 0
At present I have reviewed the phones zte axon 7 and alcatel idol 4s.

I have reviewed the features of alcatel idol 4s and I have decided it is perfectly suitable to me.

Alcatel idol 4s has virtual reality feature as in Samsung Galaxy s6 edge and has lot of features regarding audio but I have one doubt ie., does alcatel idol 4s has separate processing unit for audio as zte axon 7 has.

I think that alcatel is a Chinese company and so can I think that it doesn't work for lifetime atleast for 10 years without any problems.

Upvote 0
At present I have reviewed the phones zte axon 7 and alcatel idol 4s.

I have reviewed the features of alcatel idol 4s and I have decided it is perfectly suitable to me.

Alcatel idol 4s has virtual reality feature as in Samsung Galaxy s6 edge and has lot of features regarding audio but I have one doubt ie., does alcatel idol 4s has separate processing unit for audio as zte axon 7 has.

I think that alcatel is a Chinese company and so can I think that it doesn't work for lifetime atleast for 10 years without any problems.

Yeh Alcatel is Chinese, they're made by TCL, and they are budget to mid-range devices. You expect to be using a phone for 10 years? Well 10 years ago I was using a Nokia N95 and a first generation Apple iPhone. I can't imagine me using those now. And will I be using my current Oppo R9+ in 10 years time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can you please suggest the correct model of HTC 10 because there are number of models starting with HTC 10. Someone suggested that HTC one m8 also sounds good for audio.

5 months back one of my friends brought HTC mobile which has 2 TB external memory card support but I have not noticed the model number. In the casing of the mobile itself they have clearly mentioned that at present there is memory card manufactured with 1 TB but in the future if any card is manufactured the present phone will support it.
HTC 10 means just that, "HTC 10". Not "HTC 10 EVO" or "HTC Desire 10", just "HTC 10".

The M8 has good speakers, but the 10's headphone output is better.

It's unlikely that there will be 1TB microSD within the realistic lifetime of any current phone, even less likely an affordable card. But for what it's worth both the HTC 10 and the LG G6 would be compatible with 2TB cards if they existed (according to the specs provided by their manufacturers).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Yeh Alcatel is Chinese, they're made by TCL, and they are budget to mid-range devices. You expect to be using a phone for 10 years? Well 10 years ago I was using a Nokia N95 and a first generation Apple iPhone. I can't imagine me using those now. And will I be using my current Oppo R9+ in 10 years time?

I think that alcatel idol 4s has all the features like octa core processor, hi-fi audio, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, 512 GB external memory card support etc., especially there are number of features listed under audio sub system.So I think that there is no need to buy a new phone upto ten years

I am asking whether alcatel idol 4s is a duplicate or fake product I mean I have seen some Chinese products like external speakers which resulted in circuit board failure. Someone also suggested that zte and alcatel are both Chinese products and so there is no chance of getting a life span of 10 years.

If I use the alcatel idol 4 with care are there any chances of getting failures.

Upvote 0
I think that alcatel idol 4s has all the features like octa core processor, hi-fi audio, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, 512 GB external memory card support etc., especially there are number of features listed under audio sub system.So I think that there is no need to buy a new phone upto ten years

The Idol 4 is really a budget phone IMO. I do believe the internal storage is only 16GB, and not 32GB. Also be aware there's no such thing yet as a 512GB micro-SD, and any that you do see advertised on Ebay or whatever are fake.

I am asking whether alcatel idol 4s is a duplicate or fake product I mean I have seen some Chinese products like external speakers which resulted in circuit board failure. Someone also suggested that zte and alcatel are both Chinese products and so there is no chance of getting a life span of 10 years.

If I use the alcatel idol 4 with care are there any chances of getting failures.

A phone itself might last for 10 years with good care, but the battery certainly won't last that long. And it's a sealed battery, not user replaceable in this phone, like many devices these days.

I've got a white Macbook that I've been using for 9 years, however I discarded the battery about 3 years ago as it started to bulge, and now run it on mains only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But to be fair there is by definition a chance of failure with any manufacturer, so that's the wrong question (which was Danny's point).

Would I think the chance of failure is higher with Alcatel than some of the higher-end phones? Yes. But no phone can be guaranteed to be failure-free.

And I really doubt that any phone you buy today can promise to work for 10 years. Certainly unless it's used very lightly there's a good chance of the battery failing before then, and most phones don't have user-replaceable batteries (and finding replacements may not be easy for an old phone anyway). My phone, used every day for 4 years, is showing its age now, and I really doubt it would last 2.5 times as long (kept in a drawer, charged occasionally, might be a different matter).

Upvote 0
At present when I view the price of alcatel idol 4s some sites are showing 16000 INR and some 24000 INR and some 32000 INR.

Xiomi redmi note 5 64 GB has separate processing unit for audio and provides 128 GB external memory card support.It comes at reasonable price.

Does redmi note 5 provide atleast medium experience while listening to music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones