1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Phone For Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Sehtey, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Sehtey

Sehtey Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Hello!
    I'm relatively new to the Android world I guess, and this would be my first android phone, I have been searching and learning about Android and rooting for a while now though thanks to my friends, regardless I have a couple of questions to ask, first of all. What would you guys say is the best Android phone for Minecraft Pocket Edition for a maximum of

Advertisement

2. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    The phone they initially developed it for was the xperia play, and its optimised for that phone so it should work pretty well it.

Personally the thought of trying to play MC on a touchscreen seems like a nightmare - but the xperia has dedicated controls so it should win out there too.

3. Sehtey

Sehtey Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    |But that is more expensive than what I can afford, I'm on a budget and I can't buy online soooo.... ;(

4. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    Ah, sorry, it seems to be available for around

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Have you tried Minecraft for android yet? I would be hesitant to base a purchase on it - it's very early days and it hardly compares to the PC version at this stage of development.

6. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2009
    Software engineer
    UK
    Just downloaded the demo purely as a result of this thread. It's impressive how well it runs on a phone, but yeah, it's pretty much a tech demo compared to the full PC version. But still, you can be sure theyre going to continue working on it.

7. Stormray

Stormray Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    This. ^

It's basically a dumbed down version of "Creative Mode" or whatever its called. The maps are annoyingly small and there is no Survival Mode. To me, playing Minecraft without survival mode is like playing in a sandbox with no sand, but with all the buckets and shovels.

Anywho, I like it on my Epic 4G because of my WASD and directional pad. However, should I ever NEED to play Minecraft on the go and quench my nerd thirst for blocks, I just take my Macbook Pro with me.

8. Sehtey

Sehtey Lurker
    None

Oct 19, 2011
    Basically I've been looking at a couple phones online because I'm able to buy one online and I've basically gone for the xperia play, failing that I'll get a desire hd or something and root it, can someone tell me the best rom for the xperia play because I've heard the software on it is shit. I've heard of Cyanogen what are everyones thoughts on that?