1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best phone for mp3 quality?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by turkletont, Sep 16, 2012.

1. turkletont

turkletont Newbie

What would you guys say the best phone for MP3 quality is? Right now I have the galaxy s2 (tmobile verison) and I must say it's pretty bad. I'm switching to Sprint, so I'm looking for a Sprint phone preferably.

Mainly I'm wondering about between:
    iPhone 5
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy Note (well it will be the Note 2 for when it comes out, but does anyone have experience on the Note 1?)
    Nokia Lumia 920

I know some of these phones aren't even out yet, but for example, does the Nokia Lumia series have a past history of having good mp3 quality? I have no idea. Software isn't too big of an issue, itunes, kies, whatever, all about the same for me.

Thx

Advertisement

2. Jillialy

Jillialy Newbie

Sony.If you care little about price,you can choose iphone5.

3. turkletont

turkletont Newbie

I mean all the new phones are basically in that 200-300$ area , right? I think the 32gig s3 is $250 or somethin.

Does Sony have any phones comin out soon?

I have to say, my iPod touch sounds waaaay better than my s2. I don't really want to make the same mistake twice, I really wanted to replace my ipod but I just couldn't on the s2.

Edit* oooo the Xperia T looks freaking sweet! If Sprint is getting it, I think i found my new phone lol

4. ReDDs3D

ReDDs3D Member

From my expierence, android phones are.amazing things, but if there is one thing they can't do well, its the whole music expierence. Most android phones have just average soundchips, so music sounds lifeless and at times hissy. You can use equilizers to fix this, but I for the life of me can never get an equilizer to work without atleast one part of the sound I want screwing up. There are phones that do go above and beyond and try to deliver that optimal quality in sound, such as the Samsung galaxy S phones...but that's about it (don't fall for the HTC beats bullish**, its just a subpar equilizer). If you want good audio, I'd recomend checking out the galaxy high-end phones, but even those IMO don't match the quality of my old trusty iPod video, or my sansa clip.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The SIII has a Wolfson audio chip, as well as the international SII. However, it did have trouble when using headphones, as shown by the GSMArena tests. Stereo cross talk increases rapidly, volume isn't good and distortion increases.

The same tests on the SIII reveals the SIII has iPhone4S level quality on headset audio.

6. Angus19

Angus19 Newbie

Everything Sony makes has good audio so I agree with the poster above (I used to read alot on audiophile forums, that might be a good place to ask i (head-fi.org)).

Anyways the best plan might just be to go to a store (bring a micro sd with music or something) and see if they'll let you listen to them. Nothing like making your own decisions!

7. Chi-TownTx

Chi-TownTx Well-Known Member

Consider taking a look at the line of HTC phones as well. Some of them use Beats Audio and sound amazing. Way better than anything you listed above in my opinion.

*Edit* Side note just noticed you said Sprint. Don't think they have any with Beats built into them so never mind lol.