• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best phone on Boost Mobile currently?

I know a lot of people have had problems with them ... but I think a blanket condemnation is too harsh. I had a Warp. It worked flawlessly until I clumsily cracked the screen. I replaced it with a Warp Sequent. It hasn't had a problem either. It runs Jelly Bean perfectly and is a whole lot of fun. Biggest problem my wife's Warp has had is that her custom notification tone keeps going away.

I work at a Boost store so I will give you a percentage of customers that had problem with ZTE phones.

ZTE Warp :: 70% (I am not joking, whether its a week or a few months down the road. There WILL be a problem.)
ZTE Warp Sequent :: 20%
ZTE Force :: 5%

They are getting better, but I still wouldnt get near them. I saw the ZTE Grand which was supposed to be their Flagship I believe ? and even on a Quadcore it was lag city everywhere. It makes me think that if this company cannot take care of their flagship phone. How will they treat their cheaper models ?

Upvote 0
Ok here is my 2c. I have had the Warp for aprox 18 mos. now. I rooted it shortly after, got a fat battery and new back from ebay. It has been flawless except every once in a while it will reboot, but I think its while changing zones on the interstate. Lately the WiFi function is getting useless. That's about it. My main gripe is its still 2.3 and I want to come up in the world of ICS at least. I checked out the HTC one with sprint for a week but came back to Boost. Battery in that thing was crap, but it is very perty.

Upvote 0
I've moved up through the Boost phones all the way back to the I1. If you catch it on sale and want a good phone get the S3. Performance is good, development is getting good, and overall usability is awesome. The F7 is good as well but it doesn't perform quite as well as the S3. The S3 has a super strong radio where I live and the LTE is smoking fast. I'm not trading any more until the S4 comes out for boost. A friend of mine had the HTC One SV and said that he got crap service out of the radio and went through 3 and finally sold the last one for an S3.

Upvote 0
I had the Warp, Htc evo design, Force and Htc One Sv. The htc one ended being the best out of all of them but I never got good 4g at all.

Both the warp and force froze so I exchanged them. Personally the S3 is probably the nicest phone they have but too pricey. I wouldn't recommend the htc one because you run out of space too quick and the development is terrible.

Upvote 0
Definately Get the S3 and ROOT IT. You will not be sorry. Excellent Phone. The ROMS are coming too. There are already some that work with the Boost S3. It is expensive but the price is dropping every day. I had the SV for a month. It is nice but nothing compared to the S3. The S3 is very easy to Root also. 5 minutes.

Even if you don't root it, you will be happy.

But ROOT IT.

Upvote 0
My 2 cents. I had a Samsung galaxy prevail. It started dialing on its own and other odd things just after a little over 2 years. Had some Amazon credit and they had a sale on the ZTE Force. Took the plunge. I have had it since June, so far, no problems.
It does have a removeable battery and I did pick up a spare and a charger (I work long days, using the phone a lot, nice to have a fresh battery to pop in if needed). I like that the screen is bigger, yet I can still put it in my pocket. It's only limitation is whether I'm in a 3g or 4g area. When on 4g, it's awesome compared to 3g. Decent camera and has both forward and rear facing cameras. Also, very nice loud audio. I have not attempted to modify anything on it....yet.
A huge step up from my old prevail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones