1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best phone to root????

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by greenghost, Feb 15, 2016.

1. greenghost

greenghost Newbie

Hi,

Currently have a S5, with Verizon. I've rooted my phone for many years. I got a GS3 wayback because I saw that a lot of people had a Galaxy back then and was the easiest to find support for how to root my phone. Now I am thinking of upgrading to another phone. I'm thinking about the S7 when that comes out(I'm aware that it will probably take away to find a way to root the S7 after it comes out. So my question is, Are Galaxy phones still best to root? If not, what other phones should I look at? Also would it matter if I got a S7 edge instead of just a S7? Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

If you're looking for a phone Specifically to root, then it's hard to look past the Nexus devices, or something like the oneplus ones where the manufacturers actively encourage people to root them

scary alien and tube517 like this.
  3. Nexus devices are the way to go for rooting and such. Very easy to do and easy to restore if trouble occurs.

Last time i checked (while ago), Verizon didn't allow some Nexus devices, such as first generation Nexus 5 models. They would work fine on the VZ network but some reason they don't want them on their grid. Check first.

1. Hi all! I just got a galaxy s7 edge like a month ago. And I bought the phone outright from a friend for get this! $300! I know that was a great deal for that phone! But he is a good friend! So I'm not on a device plan. Now my phone carrier plan is prepaid verizon plan. So I'm with verizon. So since I fully own the phone. It's my phone. So I should be able to do what I want with my phone? So I want to root it. I'm fully aware of the risks of rooting a phone? And that it voids the warranty. But first of all? There are some factory apps on my phone that I want to uninstall? I don't care if samsung wants them to stay on the phone? I own the phone! Samsung don't own my phone. I do! So I tried and tried and tried to root my phone over the last few days? With no avail? Then I find out that I have to unlock the bootloader? And well I have to say that this is bs! Why is samsung like this? When I own this phone? So I would appreciate it if anyone here could give me advice on how to accomplishing rooting my phone? Now also I don't have a pc? But I may be able to use a friend's pc to root my phone? But I would prefer not to have to use a pc to root my phone? Thanks! God bless you all!