1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Phone????

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by eezie, Jun 16, 2010.

1. eezie

eezie Newbie
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Just bought a Motorolla Droid. Thinking about getting one for the wife.

What phones are out there? Which is best? Why? How does the Motorolla stack up?

I don't see a model number on my Motorolla but wondering if I have the latest or if it's just a software update issue. ???

Thanks,

eezie

Advertisement

2. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast
    None

for verizon the best right now is the incredible

3. BoomerFZ1

BoomerFZ1 Member
    None

May 31, 2010
    Agree with Ngo93. I have the Evo on Sprint and LOVE the setup. It all comes down to what she wants it for. There are some good phone out there like the Kin series that are good for just social networking and messaging if that's all she does. If she needs a smart phone, though, the Incredible is da bomb.

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Best is always highly subjective and dependent on the person who will be using the smartphone -- or whatever product, for that matter. You haven't told us a thing about your wife's needs or preferences (but that's pretty typical for these sorts of threads) so it's impossible to give you any meaningful recommendations.

As always, compare the features and specs and check out the options in person, factoring in what she wants/needs.

The Droid? Very well, especially if you're into modding but I'm guessing it's unlikely that modding is relevant to your wife (again, see above).

Under the battery but few will probably know what you mean by A855. Droid is the name that everyone is familiar with.

Also, Settings->About Phone. Shows "Droid" on mine.

5. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 17, 2010
    Computer SuperGenius aka Systems Administrator
    Liverpool, NY
    I agree, the Incredible is the best stock phone out of the box. The Droid can be made awesome with some rooting, and OC'ing. If she does a TON of texting (like my gf) and she has longer fingernails, than the hardware keyboard of the Droid might be a better fit. You always have 30 days to make sure, so use that to your advantage. Plus I would hold out for the new Droid that should be arriving sometime in July.

-Mike