1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Best phone?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Eliminator_v, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Eliminator_v

Eliminator_v Lurker
    None

I am looking for a good android phone for around $400 or less.

I need it to have a good front camera, min 13 MP, hopefully more.
    Also min 16GB space, hopefully 32, or an SD card slot.
    Needs radio capability.

Other than that, the ram and CPU need to be decent, and hopefully a more recent version of Andriod.

Can anyone help by suggesting a phone?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    www.swappa.com and get a Note 4..... it is STILL a top of the line Flagship rated phone.
    32 gB plus SD card plus a removable battery.

that is my call. that way you don't have to pay the extra fees for a phone on contract at full retail suggested price.... $220 is only 1/3rd of full retail.

I just ordered up a very good clean one for $220..... I always make it a point to buy from a dealer who has a LOT of sales and zero complaints.

and he has to provide a ton of pictures, not just 3 or 4 that are fuzzy. I want to look for screen burn in........ and the edges of the phone will tell you if it has always lived in a case protector...
    if the edges are scalloped, pass that one by and look again.

#2 AZgl1500, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  3. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
  4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    a good one also, and Native Android.

but, I am a sob, died in the wool Sammy fan :)

only a few guys on that list that have more than 200 sales.
    the rest of them are less than 5 units, and most are 2 or less...
    I don't trust those.

#4 AZgl1500, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    badcatz and Bg260 like this.
  5. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln
  6. Eliminator_v

Eliminator_v Lurker
    None

Thanks guys, any other suggestions?

7. Eliminator_v

Eliminator_v Lurker
    None

8. karasahin

karasahin Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 6, 2016
    Male
  9. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I have two S5 phones still in use, what is the negative aspect of your S5?

10. karasahin

None

Jun 6, 2016
    Male
    Becomes a generic, cheap Android phone after a small software update. Impossible to get it back its old stability. (in my case)
    Overheats like hell. Almost impossible to hold it because oily and slippery sides. Slips easily out of your hand. (in my case)
    Bad voice quality, people very often hear your voice low and from far.
    Stupid Samsung warranty. Becomes useless if you root.
    Stupid fingerprint sensor. Barely works. It is a garbage when compared to Iphone 5S.
    Very cheap 2.0 mp front camera.
    Barely focusing rear camera.
    Cheap looking plastic design.

11. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I sense more opinions there than facts.

All phones are slippery unless they have a case that is purposely designed to prevent that.
    ie, I installed the Speck CandyShell Grip cases on all of my phones. Military grade ballistic tough.

The camera does a very good job of focusing, unless you are trying to use it up really close. In that case, you need to switch to "Macro Mode" which will take care of that.

The S5 does not have a "Finger Print" sensor IMO, Apple has had theirs for many years. This is a 1st Generation Samsung effort.... use a PinCode, it is much more secure.

You complain of a broken warranty because you violated the manufacturer's design? Ummm, all they are doing is trying to make sure that they all work the same.

voice quality on both of mine is very good. Turn off "background noise" it does not work at all.

Overheating? that only happens if you are pushing a lot of cpu cycles heavily, over an extended time. full time use of a moving map is one example, like WAZE.... neither of my S5 phones gets hot.... I don't use WAZE, and I don't play games.... my wife however does play a lot of Candy Crush, and she has never complained of her S5 getting hot...

And one more thing: if you are one of the Apple type folks who want your Android to work exactly like an Apple phone......... fer ged all about it... ain't going to happen.... Android is customizable, Apple is NOT.

install Nova Launcher Pro, and a lot of your problems just might disappear. It is a good insurance policy anyway, that is, if you will keep Nova screen backups stored somewhere besides on the phone. I email my screen backups to myself and store them in a Folder for later reuse.

#11 AZgl1500, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  12. karasahin

None

Jun 6, 2016
    Male
    These are the negative aspects of my S5.

It is not used to slippery at all. It is happened along with overheating after a small software update. Like I said, couldn't get its old stability back and this is something really bothers me. I can't help but wonder if Samsung want to break my phone and make me to get a new one. Because it was a rock solid phone before that.

You said it yourself. Apple has had theirs for many years. Apple also launched the 5S months before Samsung launch the S5. Samsung should have taken a closer look of the 5S's fingerprint sensor before putting a pain in the --- fingerprint scanner. This is not an excuse not doing so.

Now let me get this straight. THEY violated my phone because of THEIR stupid software update. I was just looking for a solution with rooting for their mistake. They also implemented something for the first time ever: a Knox counter that can't be reset. Yeah I am sure they are very innocent.........

One of the main things I really hate this phone is the voice quality. This is why I software updated the phone in the first place. But this didn't solve it. I already opened a new thread to find a solution for this problem. I forgot how many thread I opened for the S5 in the forums really...

The S5 is not used to overheating for me. It is happened after a software update which broken the phone stability.

I used to hate Apple. This is why I bought the S5 instead of the 5S. I could have bought the 5S but I didn't. Both were at the same price that time. My father instead bought the 5S and he is very happy of his decision whereas I feel stupid. Because I realized Apple provides stability for their phone whereas in Android it is a pitfall.

13. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I have to throw in the Moto X Pure Edition. It's not a Note (which I'm getting back into with the Note 7 FRIDAY!), but it's a very capable phone with great Moto enhancements - otherwise, it's bloat-free, stock vanilla Android :)

eshieldsvx4, Jfalls63 and Dannydet like this.