1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best phones to root

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Hollywoodmr215, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hollywoodmr215

Okay lets get to the point. My motorola Photon that was tethered got messed up. I tried to re- root it no luck. I don't know what to do when I tried to re-root it, It said something about the Kernels. Okay so I don't know what to do should I try to root it again. Or can you advise me of a phone that can still be rooted without running into issues. Any suggestion on phones that would be easy to root?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Anything with the word Nexus in the name is easy to root.

I can't speak on the Photon, but most Motorola phones are a pain these days because of locked bootloaders.

On Sprint there is already the Nexus S and later this month there will be the Galaxy Nexus (new Google Flagship). You could also look at the current Evo, the Evo 3d or the upcoming Evo 4G with LTE.

Rush likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

I would certainly agree with OfTheDamned choice. Even though my phone isn't rooted (only because i choose to), but as far as I've read - the Nexus would be the one you want. :)

4. WoodenAnts

WoodenAnts Member

Confirmed - I have a Nexus S and it was a breeze to root for my first android phone. Also, a benefit is that there are alot of roms out there including Codename Droid (personal favorite), stock 4.0, muan (or whatever it is), and crossbones

5. akamad

akamad Member

A lot of HTC phones initially came with locked bootloaders, but now you can unlock a lot of their phones through their website.

(I have e Galaxy Nexus and can confirm that it is an easily rootable phone).