• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Place for Android Apps?

the app does have the feature to click on a train time, and it gives you the journey, but that does not always work. as even the train companies website's have problems with that. as when time moves on they change the train ref number.. looking at a way round that over the next week.

works better with some companies than others, and Virgin don't have that facility at all.

Upvote 0
There are other app stores, like slideme, but i dont know if they charge to put it up. You'll get less people seeing your app too.

Be cautious. There is some discussion on the android-developers list (Selling outside the Android Market--> Use Google Checkout to sell direct from website??? SlideMe.Org?? - Android Developers | Google Groups) about whether SlideME is honoring its commitment to payout revenue-share to developers. Either way, if you've gotten payouts or if you have been given the run-around, it's good to let other developers know on the public lists so they can know what to expect. Do not post on SlideME forums, as they delete complaints and negative comments these days.

Upvote 0
Be cautious. There is some discussion on the android-developers list (Selling outside the Android Market--> Use Google Checkout to sell direct from website??? SlideMe.Org?? - Android Developers | Google Groups) about whether SlideME is honoring its commitment to payout revenue-share to developers. Either way, if you've gotten payouts or if you have been given the run-around, it's good to let other developers know on the public lists so they can know what to expect. Do not post on SlideME forums, as they delete complaints and negative comments these days.

From the sounds of that, its probably best to go directly to the app author then.

Upvote 0
From the sounds of that, its probably best to go directly to the app author then.

There's also AndAppStore which does direct payments through paypal.

It could be that everything is hunky dory with SlideME; but so far two devs have come forward with complaints and I'm still waiting to see if there are any devs that say SlideME is making good on payouts.

SlideME does have a great global-billing system so I hope they aren't trying to pull anything that would damage the community or erode faith in alternate markets. If there is nothing fishy going on, I'm sure the community will know soon enough.

Upvote 0
Dunno if there is an updated version, but for me, I'd like to see East Midlands Trains added. The others listed just tend to operate around the southern region - there are other regions in the UK!!

Cheers.

All UK Stations are now in the app.. and Journey Planner, and Colour options, and search functions.

D

Reactions: mr-mixalot
Upvote 0

The results of the discussion regarding SlideME paying out to developers was: SlideME does payout but developers find the process of generating invoices so convoluted and difficult that there is great difficulty getting the invoices accepted.

So it looks as though nothing fishy is going on, it's just a broken process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones