• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Place To Buy A No Contract Droid X

PetiePal

Android Expert
Nov 17, 2009
What's the best place (reliable and non-sketchy so you don't run into any lost/stolen ESN #'s!) to buy a Droid X without any contract?

I have a Motorola Droid OG, and my contract isn't up till next September. However it's getting to be too ridiculously slow for me anymore and I don't want to root etc. I've played around with the Droid X and it would totally suit me until my next upgrade. I don't want to extend my contract right now though...what's a good place to buy the Droid X for a bit less than $600?

What's the best place (reliable and non-sketchy so you don't run into any lost/stolen ESN #'s!) to buy a Droid X without any contract?

I have a Motorola Droid OG, and my contract isn't up till next September. However it's getting to be too ridiculously slow for me anymore and I don't want to root etc. I've played around with the Droid X and it would totally suit me until my next upgrade. I don't want to extend my contract right now though...what's a good place to buy the Droid X for a bit less than $600?

I picked mine up brand new in box on Ebay 2 Months ago for $399. I would recommend Ebay just make sure you buy based on feedback and check the ESN before bidding.

Other than buying on Ebay or buying used in the BST forums or Craigslist I don't know of any company's that will cut you a deal on an out of contract DroidX. They just don't do it because they want that commission from you signing a contract.

GMB

Upvote 0
Yeah I was thinking about it...eBay skeeves me out though because it's super easy to scam someone even still these days. You can check the ESN but what's to say they report it lost/stolen the second you win the auction etc?

I guess seller rating is the only way as long as they're legit reviews.

Upvote 0
Yeah I was thinking about it...eBay skeeves me out though because it's super easy to scam someone even still these days. You can check the ESN but what's to say they report it lost/stolen the second you win the auction etc?

I guess seller rating is the only way as long as they're legit reviews.

I have always thought the same thing, that even if the ESN is clear when you buy it, it could easily end up on the blacklist by the time you receive it. I just feel like there is more protection in place if you buy from Ebay with Ebay and Paypal protection.

If you buy in the BST or Craigslist you have virtually no protection. All I can say is I have bought many phones over the years on Ebay and I have yet to have a bad experience. Just make sure you research and you know exactly what you bidding on. Be weary of anybody new or with little feedback. There are good sellers on there, you just have to find them :)

GMB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones