1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best place to buy Nexus Tablet in UK?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carwacster, Aug 22, 2012.

1. carwacster

carwacster Member

Ideally I would like to buy one from John Lewis for the 2yr warranty ad excellent customer service but not in stock due to manufacturing delays. Anyone know when there coming in?

Tesco direct - in stock order and collect but normally 28 days to return to store if faulty.

Ebuyer - in stock and loads are they grey imports ? What's the returns like

Google direct - heard stories of people waiting in excess of two weeks for replacement/repaired units.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

Got mine from Carphone warehouse even though the staff did not know that they had them in stock. Suggest you call their central number first to find out which stores have them. The store I got mine from only checked their stock computer after I told them their head office said they had them - poor staff training me thinks ( in the main Brighton store they did not even know what a Nexus 7 was!).

3. damiencannell

damiencannell Newbie

Got Mine from Currys Pc World on Pre order, no complaints however if i was looking to buy from the high street not on pre order i would wait for John Lewis.

I would not recommend Ebuyer for something like this.

D.

4. adi19956

adi19956 Android Expert

If you really want it protected, go PC World and buy their Whatever Happens Care Plan plus they still do warranties, naturally

5. nebler

nebler Android Enthusiast

Got mine from VERY. Buy now, pay in 9 months. Delivered in 3 days.

6. Digbee

Digbee Lurker

Got mine from ebay. Met previous owner and did deal off line. No warranty, but its not a problem. 16gb BTW inc case for less than 8gb new. Only 1 month old.
    Although I think I will need to get a internet phone to anchor it to, when out and about.

7. adi19956

adi19956 Android Expert

How much interest was there on that?

8. nebler

nebler Android Enthusiast

Interest free for nine months, but I've noticed a 5week postage now, so might be out of stock for a while.

9. adi19956

adi19956 Android Expert

Big demand I suppose

10. lukeyboymac

lukeyboymac Member

I have a Nexus 7 on order from John Lewis as I added it to my wedding gift list much to my wife's disapproval. Anyway, best man bought it for me :D. Anyway John Lewis delivered all our gifts this week minus the Nexus 7 but phoned to say that they expected it to be in stock on the 30th of this month.

The amount of manufacturing problems (especially screen lift) mean John Lewis is without doubt the best company to buy it from as their service/returns absolutely destroys the competition on the high street.

11. cosmicalien

cosmicalien Newbie

I know they have some in stock in Curry's Leeds, not the city center one. Very, the catologue and for new customers you get

12. JsT

JsT Well-Known Member

Got mine from Tesco Direct and picked up today, some googling discovered a discount code and with cash back I got mine for

13. Voynix

Voynix Newbie

I couldn't get one in store anywhere near me. So I went with Tesco Direct. Good thing about it was that I could pick it up in store as I'm never in during the day. I ordered and picked it up next day. It's still covered by DSR too.

14. johnwin

johnwin Lurker

Exactly how I did it. Ordered online at 2pm on Tuesday, picked it up from my local store at 1 pm the next day. You also get a tracking number just like if you were having a delivery to home.

Well impressed - and one in the eye for PC World who just laughed at me when I asked them in store if they had any in stock!

15. wibbly

wibbly Member

As said above, I think you'll find their "DSR" is 28 days too, not the normal 7 :)

16. RonB58

RonB58 Lurker

I ordered mine from Google Play on Monday this week and it arrived on Wednesday, also I live in Northern Ireland so I was very impressed at how quickly it was despatched and delivered!
    Ron :)

17. idic

idic Well-Known Member

Google is fine, and they've sorted the replacement issues they had. My fiancee and I both have one and they sent out a brand new device before we had to return the faulty one. Excellent service, and no problems. Jump right in!

18. JasonC

JasonC Android Enthusiast

I ordered one last week in the afternoon, it was despatched same day and arrived the next morning! however, I ordered a 2nd one the weekend and I've not even had a despatched email yet :(