1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support best place to change the case on my x10i

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tlo, Mar 6, 2011.

1. tlo

tlo Newbie
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    uk
    Ok guys just brought my sons x10i off him as he has had a new mobile for his birthday,he says the batt runs out to fast for him but its fine for me kids:DAnyway tbh it is a little tried he has chipped the case at the side of the right had button at the button(the phone its self works fine) and there are a few knocks and dints on the phone.I was told that this was part of the screen and i would need a new one,but doing some searching on this site it seems that it is the case not the screen that is damaged.I have had a look on the web and from what i can find out it is not an easy job changing the case on one of these,not something i feel confidant in trying.So can any one please tell do they know of a good/helpfull shop/site that will do this for me, would it be cheaper for me to buy the case my self? i need to change all three parts of the case and just as a matter of interest what if anything is the difference between an x10 and an x10i? Thanks for your help guys

Advertisement

2. Superbrowndude

Superbrowndude Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    Brampton,On
    tlo likes this.
  3. Superbrowndude

Superbrowndude Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    Brampton,On
    tlo likes this.
  4. tlo

tlo Newbie
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    uk
    Thanks for the info bud i thought there was no difference between the two.Just downloaded a pdf how to dismantle the thing and that has cleared up a few things

5. powerkiter

powerkiter Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    Hi just read your pm, the case in the link on my thread is as far as Im concerned OEM SE X10 case the glass on the front is the touch screen digitizer and to take it apart I see you have a pdf guide the ribbon you asked about is the connector for the digitizer and without that you touch screen wont work :)

You wont have to touch the LCD screen but wear a pair of rubber inspection gloves to avoid getting finger prints on it, can you link me to the guide so I know we're both singing from the same page?

The only snag I came up against was the front button power ribbon that I broke but that was more from jumping a step in the strip down guide I had, but if you do break it then they cost

tlo likes this.
  6. tlo

tlo Newbie
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    uk
    Thanks bud you have been a great help, i did read some were on the web that you had to un glue some parts but i think that was to take the lcd screen apart ie taking the whole phone apart not just the case.You have given me the confidence to try

7. powerkiter

None

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    No no you will need to unstick some parts!

Xperia X10 Disassembly Guide | Xperia X10 Blog

Step 14 show the ribbon that snaps and step 15 shows the parts that are stuck and need gentle persuasion (GENTLE). Although to be fair you might only have to undo one but there is one that over laps the other.

Again its not hard just not for the impatient oh and step 10 shows the screw holes that I replaced before the cover went on and spent the day trying to click the case into place :eek:

8. powerkiter

None

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    Sorry to post your pm to the forum dude but this is a great strip down video/guide and I felt it should be in the thread as it will help anyone else that has the same issue :)

Your right in the video it looks like no un-sticking is needed but trust me there is, ok so its more like blue peter double sided sticky tape but they are stuck trust me... I you watch the video again just after the person lifts the screens copper tab the next shot shows it "ping up" on its own showing there is some stick.

Im guessing this is a video from SE so the phone used could be fresh off the line so less time for the adhesive to stick well.

But Im going by my strip down only but these parts need to be held in place otherwise day to day movement and vibration would damage the connector ribbons.

EDIT: ref your pm, yes he only lifted one ribbon. I stripped mine to replace LCD and digitizer :) that why I asked for the file so we both can refer to the same instructions :D

9. tlo

tlo Newbie
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    uk
    no probs mate i hope it will be useful to someone:)