1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best place to find Android Developers. Not the normal type.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by islandsandmore, Nov 3, 2014.

1. islandsandmore

Hi all,

I am looking to make contact with someone who is very knowledgeable with Android OS as a whole. I've looked at oDesk, freelance, etc, they all seem to be oriented at people build apps, but thats not what I'm looking for.

Essentially I want to somehow build a better Bluestacks, but instead of having people download it, it'd be all browser based. IE, users just log in on the website to access their games, apps and whatnot, instead of having to download the rather slow and sometimes klunky Bluestacks.

Its an innovative idea with emulation, I just am not as knowledgeable in that area of expertise.

Anyone have a general direction I should go wander, or someone in mind I might be able to hire?

2. islandsandmore

My apologies ahead of time if this thread is in the wrong forum.
    I am quite obviously new here. :)

3. jae_63

jae_63 Android Enthusiast

There is an Android Developer sub-forum here, but it is only moderately active, in my experience. There are some very skilled folks over at xda-developers.com, but most of them are focused upon hacking ROMs, with some notable exceptions, e.g. the developer of 'AllCast'.

But the bigger question is whether you really need/want to do what you've described, since Amazon's "Test Drive" can perform this in-browser emulation for many apps, although all such apps must appear within Amazon's own App Store. See:

Amazon.com Help: About Test Drive

4. islandsandmore

I actually hadn't even heard of Amazons program until you mentioned it. Looking at it, its somewhat what I want to do, but have it more UI friendly and be available for all Android apps, versus only the one Amazon offers.

Ill go check on those other forums, see who I could contact over there.