1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

best possible battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by badhabits727, Sep 7, 2011.

1. badhabits727

badhabits727 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing people posting about getting 32 hours plus on the battery...WANT! I'm currently using mik 2.5 with more freedom, v6 on setting 8, and set cpu with smartass screen off at max 245 I believe. I'm getting about 6 hours moderate/heavy use. I love sense but could ditch it and go back to adw launcher if it meant doubling my battery..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

i got almost 2 full days with Cyanogen Mod / Tiamat 4.0.6-sbc kernel / v6 supercharger.....thats with light to moderate usage....just texting, calling, emailing, facebook...etc...

3. badhabits727

badhabits727 Well-Known Member

My usage is email/web/texting. But I'm always glued to my screen

4. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert

I have tried most of the custom ROMs but kept going back to rooted stock ROM due to better battery life.

My system currently gets around 26+ hours with moderate use:
    1. Removed all widgets
    2. Use LauncherPro
    3. Turned off all sync'ing except for gmail, contacts and calendar

Sense itself is a battery hog and you can manually sync apps that need it when you launch those apps.

5. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

having your display on all the time is gonna chew up a lot of battery too....you can turn ur brightness all the way down and change your screen timeout to like 15 seconds and it should save you some battery life...that is if you can get un-glued from it lol

6. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert

Agreed, constantly using the phone is going to kill battery life faster no matter what you do.

7. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member

Its posts like these that make me <3 my extended battery. They really are not that annoying to have unless your into custom cases. I get 16-20 hours heavy use Mik3D Freedom 0.8.5

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i keep my 3g signal off most of the time and i can get 16-18 hrs with moderate to heavy usage. i'm on the bliss b1.1 rom with the aggressive freedom .85 kernel. so far only a day in so we will see what 2morrow brings.

op just keep in mind that kernels can be picky for your phone. back during the days of froyo, i had a hell of a time finding the right rom/kernel combo. i was barely getting 12-14 hours. i but then netarchy toastmod put out the beta 4.3.4 sbc kernel. and what works for me may not work for you. so you may need to just make nandroid backups and start trying out various combo's of roms and kernels.

9. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

Ocn, you keep your 3 g off?

I think I need some clarification of how the whole thing works if you would be so kind.

What does that do in regards to getting your emails and texts? Are they delayed?

Do you turn it back on to surf for the speed, or is it necessary?

The signal in my workplace is poor and I know that phone is draining hunting or trying to maintain that 3g connection.

TIA

That being asked, I got an extended battery from here 3500MAH Evo Battery (Extended Life Battery) - GorillaGadgets.com

That and an sbc kernal and I have decent battery life.

One drawback is the back cover is not quite as flexible as stock and can be a literal pain trying to take it off if you need to pull the battery for whatever reason. It makes the phone a bit bigger but that is actually plus for me because it fits in my hand better.

10. Team420

Team420 Well-Known Member

ya... cm7 for me... I was lucky to get 12 hrs outta anything other than stock sense (even with stock I would only get 14-18 depending on use), with cm7, I been using the phone a lot! and can easily get 18-30 hrs depending on use... sense just uses more resources, thus using more battery...

11. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

Instead of using the smartass governor, use InteractiveX with no screen on/screen off profiles. This may help with your battery situation

dustwun77 likes this.
  12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you can use a widget to toggle your 3g on and off. long press the homescreen you want the widget on/select widgets/scroll down to settings/select mobile network. now you can toggle 3g on and off when you need it.

when it is off you can still get text messages but no emails. i only turn on 3g when i need it. as your are finding out 3g is a battery hog, especially if the signal is weak.

dustwun77 likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews