• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best price off contract?

I just got one off eBay for a friend for $496 shipped brand new plus you get eBay bucks 2% back. No deals out there when not renewing a contract since that's where they can afford to give you the deal. Plus sprint.com charges a $36 activation fee now plus almost $50 in taxes. No thanks. I went to the checkout page and it showed a $36 activation may be applied. Not sure if it would for sure be charged or not since your paying full retail for the phone but the one on eBay has a clean ESN so will be a standard ESN swap no fee for that. Just be careful buying on eBay buy from someone with decent feedback. A lot of the lower ones are scam auctions which you are covered under paypal but it's just a hassle to deal with.

If you wait a few months prices will drop but usually the latest phone off contract not 2 many deals to go around.

Good Luck

Oh yea if you don't wanna risk eBay go with AmazonWirless. They have it for $529 off contract free 2 day shipping no tax most places. I actually had it on pre-order there but they won't have it in stock for at least a week so I canceled the order. Not sure about the activation fee but most of the big online stores were higher than amazon. So almost $90 cheaper on eBay plus 2% back vs going to Sprint and paying full retail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones