1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best PSX/N64 ROMs?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Soundteq, May 3, 2012.

1. Soundteq

Soundteq Member
    None

May 1, 2012
    So I owned both the PS1 and the N64 and liked both (especially loved the PS1 =D). I learned I could get emulators for them for my phone so I did that and have tested each with a few games and both emulators seem to run smoothly enough. In fact smoother than I had expected.

Anyway, I use the virtual controls on each. I understand that you can link external controllers to your phone and I may get into that later to replay certain titles, but I 99% of the time I don't wanna use it. So that sort of limits the games I have to play because the virtual control scheme and all.

So I'm asking which games from either system seem to work with a virtual control setup? I mean, obviously some genres (RPGs) work better than others, but I really do want a variety. So I'm asking for specific titles from a handful of different genres, if possible.

AND I'm trying to keep everything as legal as possible. It's not that bad because back in the day my younger sister and I were pretty big into collecting games, and we bought a ton of games for each system. We literally have 100s of games between the two consoles.. And if somebody suggests a title that I don't have I can just buy it since most titles aren't terribly expensive nowadays.

(and I already have the PS1 Final Fantasy titles I want ;)... Which is FF Tactics and FF8. Yeh, I didn't like 7, wanna fight about it?)

Advertisement

2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    Look at the pricing for PS1's Lunar SSSC or Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Brand New unopened ones). They will cost you a pretty penny... ;)

Some games off the top of my head...

Metal Gear Solid (Espionage)
    Battle Arena Toshinden (Fighter)
    Motor Toon Grand Prix (Racing)
    Lunar SSSC (RPG)

Light Gun:
    Elemental Gearbolt
    Project: Horned Owl

3. Soundteq

Soundteq Member
    None

May 1, 2012
    Yeah I know some games are worth a whole lot. Thankfully I already own one of the Lunar games =D, as well as some others that are now pretty expensive (Persona, Klonoa, a few other)