1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Radio

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jojo54696, Feb 9, 2011.

1. jojo54696

jojo54696 Newbie

Can someone explain what Radio's do? I know they connect you to Verizon but that is about it.

I am on CM7 nightly, what is the best radio?

Also could someone explain why when i update nightly from build say 29 to 30. It still remembers my wifi pass and stuff even though i checked wipe phone and cache?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dhays90

dhays90 Well-Known Member

3. appleaj

appleaj Android Enthusiast

Anything wrong with still having the 2.05 radio? I feel like most people nowadays have the 2.15.

4. jojo54696

jojo54696 Newbie

OK what are the advantages of say the EVO radio?

Also how do i tell what radio I currently have?

5. djkeller3

djkeller3 Android Enthusiast

Tune In. Hands down best there is.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

......swing and a miss.

Easiest way to tell from what I can see for the radio version is to go into the bootloader (Power+Vol Down) and it's listed there along with HBOOT and S-OFF and such.

Flashing the radio is supposed to improve call quality and such, but I've never really noticed. But I've tried to avoid bothering with it unless a ROM requires it since flashing stuff like radio and hboot tends to be a little dangerous if something goes wrong.

7. djkeller3

djkeller3 Android Enthusiast

Haha... that's a good one... well deserved. I thought, well, it's obvious WHAT I thought I guess... apparently you're talking about basebands or something like that. SORRY! :D

8. Radio controls the power, voice/data signal, strength, wifi, gps, bluetooth along with vairous security functions such as cid and security. If you don't know what you are doing then leave it alone as flashing wrong will result in brick of the device and when I say brick I mean real brick where you can't even turn on the device as only way to get it working is via manfully flashing the software though jTag.

9. jojo54696

jojo54696 Newbie

So what is better, the EVO radio or the official froyo one?

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews