• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Random on the music players

joshuar9476

Mar 7, 2010
Indiana
i should have posted this here instead of over in apps

i know the "best MP3 player" debate has been beaten to death, but i want to know whick player does the best job at randomizing your playlists? I have a large collection on my 16g card and mixzing still likes to stick to one or two albums ...

the only things i need are great random (i like to shuffle all my songs and let it play) and a album cover and forward, backward, pause buttons like mixzings ..

You should check out my post http://androidforums.com/android-media/158488-best-music-player.html (at the bottom)

I know I'm whoring it out, but it's honestly because I'm that happy to find a good music player. You can do party shuffle, play all library, shuffle playlists, whatever you want. For album artwork you can either 'get album artwork' which just selects the one it thinks is best, or you can 'pick album artwork', which lets you pick from all the matches or lets you search for additional matches.

My next favorite would be bTunes, which I believe has a free trial? Though with btunes, if an album doesn't have artwork, it just picks random artwork from your music folder to display which I found sorta annoying. Also, the developer has bailed on developing for bTunes. :/

Reactions: joshuar9476
Upvote 0
I have a built-in bluetooth in my vehicle, so have setting set up to find it when I get in the car. However, I THINK, it's causing my phone to turn on apps like: MP3, FM radio, and pandora randomly. I have to pick up my phone and go to advanced task killer every few minutes to kill automatic apps. It's zapping my battery and I don't understand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones