• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Reading App for S3

rkdku

Jan 10, 2013
Hey guys.

One of the things I do a LOT of the time on my S3 is read. Books, books and books (I haven't touched a paperback in years), hundreds stored on my internal storage.

All of them are in .epub format.

I'm currently using Moon Reader Pro for reading, but I was wondering if there were any other amazing alternatives that are also .epub compatible?
I'm looking for smooth, instant-response page flicking functionality, easy sorting of library books etc (something which Moon Reader doesn't seem to do very well) and the rest of the usual features one would expect from a reading app.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks guys,

Well there doesn't seem to be that many that surpass Moon+ out there, so I'll just stick with it for the time being. Checked out all your suggestions and yeah, I still think I prefer Moon+, but thanks :)

funkylogik, I buy most of my books but if there are ones out there that I think are a good read but not sure if worth the money, then I just search Google for the .epub version of the book. If it's a popular read, then most probably there will be .epub files lying around somewhere. The downside to this is that sometimes they tend to be corrupted, with improper formatting (no italicised words, no paragraphs, random symbols etc), hence buying books is the best option :)
There are some good sites for free .epub's though, as most of these tend to be torrent-sites (TPB, KAT etc). The Mobilism forums are full of free epubs, as are the Viprasys forums.

:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones