1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Best Reading App for S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rkdku, Jan 15, 2013.

1. rkdku

rkdku Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2013
    Hey guys.

One of the things I do a LOT of the time on my S3 is read. Books, books and books (I haven't touched a paperback in years), hundreds stored on my internal storage.

All of them are in .epub format.

I'm currently using Moon Reader Pro for reading, but I was wondering if there were any other amazing alternatives that are also .epub compatible?
    I'm looking for smooth, instant-response page flicking functionality, easy sorting of library books etc (something which Moon Reader doesn't seem to do very well) and the rest of the usual features one would expect from a reading app.

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement

2. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
    Not sure if it is .epub compatible but I use Amazon Kindle.

3. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Moon+ Reader is my favorite for epub :)

But you might look at
    ezPDF Reader and Mantano Reader, the best Android PDF reader for eBooks, they have adopted epub recently.
    I like them both :)

And there is also
    Aldiko, one of the first Android epub reader.

Harry

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    where can you get free (or cheaper than google or kindle) books mate? (not the old public domain rubbish.
    cheers

5. rkdku

rkdku Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2013
    Thanks guys,

Well there doesn't seem to be that many that surpass Moon+ out there, so I'll just stick with it for the time being. Checked out all your suggestions and yeah, I still think I prefer Moon+, but thanks :)

funkylogik, I buy most of my books but if there are ones out there that I think are a good read but not sure if worth the money, then I just search Google for the .epub version of the book. If it's a popular read, then most probably there will be .epub files lying around somewhere. The downside to this is that sometimes they tend to be corrupted, with improper formatting (no italicised words, no paragraphs, random symbols etc), hence buying books is the best option :)
    There are some good sites for free .epub's though, as most of these tend to be torrent-sites (TPB, KAT etc). The Mobilism forums are full of free epubs, as are the Viprasys forums.

:)

6. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 29, 2012
    Female
    Amazon always has a collection of free Kindle books: Amazon.com: top 100 free kindle ebooks: Kindle Store

Not sure what your tastes are, but there are lots to choose from. Also, check your local library. Many have ebook lending programs.