1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Best rom for an Android newby

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andrews317, Jan 28, 2013.

1. andrews317

andrews317 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Male
    Engineer
    MedellĂ­n, Colombia
    Hello guys.

It's been 2 years since my first android devide, and I can call myself a Fandroid. I've been for a month with a Nexus 4 and my love to Android just gets bigger.

My gf has had an iPhone for a long time, but now she wants to switch to Andriod. Her birthday is next month and I want to get her a Samsung Infuse from ebay (that's what I can afford). I need to know which rom would you recommend me for her phone. It doesn't matter if it's ICS or JB, but it has to be stable and bug free. I searched XDA and there's a lot of roms based mostly on JB, but please help me choose the best one.

Advertisement

2. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    GB stock/rooted is good. Doesn't have video problems that I understand they have on ICS and JB. Add Holo Launcher. Good enough for me.

What's best is a small matter of opinion of course.

andrews317 likes this.
  3. AtomicCEO

AtomicCEO Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    My favorite ROM was Infused Gingerbread, but I don't know if it's available anymore. I'm running the rooted and de-bloated version of AT&T's Gingerbread now.

I would advise against the ICS and JB ROMs for a n00b. I'm pretty experienced, and I didn't like the experience very much. Laggy interface and apps, and searches for tweaks and troubleshooting. I suspect that the 512MB RAM is just not really sufficient for those OS versions.

andrews317 likes this.