• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ROM for Desire HD

I'm not too sure about what radio is the best (which depends on your area and coverage) but so far I have found Android Revolution to have the best battery life of any ROM. Mike1986 (the dev) has done a lot of work on it and taken the stock ROM to new levels of performance and longevity. I would also say that the kernel that comes with AR is very good and you would probably never need to change to another one.

You can find AR here - [ROM] Android Revolution HD 7.0.3 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Better... not sure... it's different.

CM7.1 is based on Gingerbread, whereas IceColdSandwich is based on the latest version of Android... Ice Cream Sandwich. As it is only a beta build, some things are not working correctly (I believe that some of the more up-to-date versions of the ROM I have on my phone have more things working, but I have not been able to flash an updated version, as I've been too busy).

Once the official version of ICS has been released for the DHD, then the proper drivers will be worked on by ROM devs and we would see a fully working custom version of ICS.

I'm really waiting for the CyanogenMod dev team to release their next version (CM9), as I loved their last one. Once it is released, I'm sure that it will be better than CM7.1 :)

Reactions: TheUsualChoice
Upvote 0
Meant to say kernel lol you have any ideas?

Yeah... When I was running CM7.1, I was using the LorDmod CFS kernel... there is also a UV script that can be run with it and I found battery life to be pretty good... thought it was a great combination.

Here's a thread that's worth checking out on just that subject :)

Reactions: TheUsualChoice
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones