• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best ROM/Kernal for HEAVY Usage

Jimbo_Slice

Aug 14, 2011
I am a real estate agent and use my phone constantly. I am using navigation, email, text, web and making/recieving 25+ calls a day. I need HELP!

Right now I am rooted, but havent flashed the ROM or Kernal yet. What do you recommend? Right now I am having to keep a charger close by cause the battery is dead by noon.

I am a real estate agent and use my phone constantly. I am using navigation, email, text, web and making/recieving 25+ calls a day. I need HELP!

Right now I am rooted, but havent flashed the ROM or Kernal yet. What do you recommend? Right now I am having to keep a charger close by cause the battery is dead by noon.

try cm7 and tiamat sbc kernel. i was able to get 18-35 hours easy with moderate to heavy usage.

but with cm7 you have to tinker with it a little.
1.you will need to flash the gapps (google apps) file to get things like gmail and the market. gapps 8-22-2011 with Voicemail.apk
2.you might need to do the GPS fix.
3.see #1 to get sprint visual voice message on your phone

Upvote 0
try cm7 and tiamat sbc kernel. i was able to get 18-35 hours easy with moderate to heavy usage.

but with cm7 you have to tinker with it a little.
1.you will need to flash the gapps (google apps) file to get things like gmail and the market. gapps 8-22-2011 with Voicemail.apk
2.you might need to do the GPS fix.
3.see #1 to get sprint visual voice message on your phone

What he said ! Cm7 and tiamat sbc ... awesome battery life

Upvote 0
I'd have to say Myn's Warm 2.2 RLS3 or 5 with a netarchy SBC kernel. It's a froyo ROM, and almost a year old, but i haven't been able to find a ROM/kernel combo to come close to comparison of the battery life i had on that.

Most people go with AOSP and tiamat for good battery life. I didn't have the greatest experiences on AOSP (CM7), and the battery life was much better than stock, but still wouldn't last long at all if i actually "used" the phone. Battery drain while the phone was in use was pretty much the same as stock for me...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones