• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Rom+Kernel for battery life [sorry for the repeat]

I have spent days researching and trying to find the best combo for battery life. However, there is no precise battery life measurements (ie. 18 hours--Kings Shooter--Stock Kernel--Heavy Usage). I would be so appreciative if some people could enlighten me on a better setup.

Usages: Light, Moderate, Heavy

Light- a few texts, some internet, a couple calls
Moderate- maybe 100-200 texts, some fb, internet browsing, maybe a dozen calls
Heavy- around 500 texts, researching on internet, gps, youtube, fb, maybe 2-3 dozen calls

I have spent days researching and trying to find the best combo for battery life. However, there is no precise battery life measurements (ie. 18 hours--Kings Shooter--Stock Kernel--Heavy Usage). I would be so appreciative if some people could enlighten me on a better setup.

Usages: Light, Moderate, Heavy

Light- a few texts, some internet, a couple calls
Moderate- maybe 100-200 texts, some fb, internet browsing, maybe a dozen calls
Heavy- around 500 texts, researching on internet, gps, youtube, fb, maybe 2-3 dozen calls

As Ocn would say YRMV. I know as far as my phone went it took me a while to find a good combo. RIght now I'm using MikG 2.5 with the Freedom 0.8.5 kernel. So it's just a guessing game till you find something that works. If you look around a bit on here people have posted the setups that they are using. I took some of those and just toyed with them to fit my needs. I also figured out that if I wipe the dalvik 3x's it make a helluva difference in my battery life. Just look around on here and go from there. Good luck.:)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
do you know why wiping dalvik multiple times makes your battery life better? and do you just wipe it three times in a row?

I just found that wiping it 3x's in a row helped the kernel out. If you read what others say, it gives you a good clean area so to speak to work with. I could be nuts who knows but I can tell a difference after flashing a kernel after wiping 3x times. Before I didn't and didn't have the best results.

Upvote 0
I don't really buy into multiple wipes. I wipe once with amon ra 2.3 and use calkulin's format all zip and never have any issues.

With that said I'm running OMFGB with savagedzen 2.2.1 cfs and pretty satisfied with the battery life.

i wipe 3x data, dalvik cache, and cache then use superwipe and flash a rom. never had any issue. so i'm not fixing what is not broken.:)

Upvote 0
I'm using MikG 2.52 with the more freedom kernal and setCPU at min 125 and max 1113 and I get over 24 hours with it with what I would call moderate use.

Battery life changes a lot though for me depending on what day it is because i do not get a signal in some of my academic buildings and this kills battery life as the phone constantly searches for a signal. I could turn the radio off but its not that big of a deal for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones