1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Best ROM/Kernel/Theme?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andbnew, Apr 24, 2011.

1. andbnew

andbnew Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    I've been doing a lot reading on this and other forums about flashing on my rooted Epic. I'd like to install the rom, theme, kernel combo which would give me the best possible battery life. I've also installed setcpu.

Any ideas or opinions will be appreciated. Currently running ACS' Syndicate Frozen latest version 1.1!:)

Advertisement

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    Here is the funny thing about this, you will hear lots of people debating over what rom/kernel is best but what it boils done to is how each one works on your phone. The big 4 roms right now are you sydicate rom, midnight rom, bonsai rom and synergy. I have used all of them and they have there good and bad things to them but i always end up back with midnight rom. For my phone i get the best results with it. There will be others who will say this one or that one but it all boils down to how it works on your phone. Same goes with kernels, twilight made my phone laggy, while genocide is nice but needs tweeking with undervolting and i just dont have the time. What i am getting at it is it all depends on how they react on your phone. I would just try them out and see whats what. Good luck!

andbnew likes this.
  3. andbnew

andbnew Lurker
    None

Feb 1, 2011
    Thanks for your take on this. At the risk of jinxing myself, my phone works nicely on Syndicate, but I'm just wondering if those with more expertise and experience can guide me to the one combo that yields the best battery life!

4. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    With any rom or kernel follow the the op(original post OR original posting) that is the safest step by step that one can use. If you are wanting to try something different for comparison sake try midnight rom. It is very similar to the bonsai (its bonnsai base with tweeks) and uses the bonsai kernel which is able to be overclocked if you are into that. The synergy rom uses the genocide kernel, it has some pretty cool theming and one of a kind apps. The kernel can be overclocked and under volted which can potentially help with battery life. I am not trying to be vague but the reality is each one of these phones reacts differently to the next.