1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Best" Rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bylerj1, Apr 16, 2012.

1. bylerj1

bylerj1 Member

I am soon to have an Evo 4G, and I would like to run CM7. What is/are the best kernel(s) for speed and battery life? Also, where can I find an iPhone theme to run on CM7?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

I really enjoyed the Tiamat kernels. I think that's what they were called. My AOSP days were quite a while ago.

If you want an iPhone theme, I'd check out Miui. Not only does it look like Apple's iOS, it works like it (but with the gusto of Android - no weak sauce in that recipe - except 4G if I recall correctly...).

Just my thoughts, but I'd try out a bunch of stuff and see what you like best. I didn't care too much for MIUI at first, but then I ended up keeping it for a month or two.

:)

frenchy714 likes this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Why Cm7? If you want to find out what the best ROMS are, you need to flash them. What I like and what you like may not be the same.

I would start with MIkG 3.11 (sense 2.1+3.0), Tommy's Classic EVO (sense1.0), and one of the sense 3.5 ROMS.

For AOSP, go with decks CM7, MIUI GB, & MIUI ICS.

I HATE apple and everything it stands for, but love MIUI. Not for the apple style though, thats easily changed :) The best thing about android is that it isnt an i-anything.

bylerj1, hove131 and frenchy714 like this.
  4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

Welcome to AF!!! Every ROM/kernel combo reacts differently to each Evo, therefore what's a great setup for one, may prove to be unstable or bad for another. Your best bet is to make nand backup and flash away.

Generally speaking though, many have had great success running any AOSP (for the most part) in conjunction w/ Tiamat 3.3.7 kernel. That's a pretty safe bet. But again, you won't know what you like and what works best on your Evo until you try.

9to5cynic likes this.
  5. JIMZROMZ

JIMZROMZ Member

I would use Mikg v3.11 with the Anthrax #004 kernal and Pneuma's Ice cream sandwich theme.

tube517 and Rxpert83 like this.
  6. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I recommend Decks, which is based on CM7.

7. bylerj1

bylerj1 Member

It seems to me that a lot of people use CM7. What are the benefits of CM7 vs MIUI? (or opposite, I am thinking of going with MIUI)

8. frenchy714

frenchy714 Android Expert

CM7 has Wimax (4g) MIUI doesn't.

Rxpert83 likes this.
  9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I can only speak for miui, but its got an awesome ics rom out. And they're working on 4g

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews