1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Best ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tcat007, Jan 9, 2013.

1. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    OK, rooted my OV about a year ago. Since I bought a Nexus 7 haven't used it much. Decided it was time to try flashing a ROM or "something" (never done that). My OV has been getting laggy, and only shows 50mb internal memory, after uninstalling 75% of my apps. I wiped D cache and relinked. Most apps Linked2SD. Got rid of GO Launcher, adding ssLauncher because I love it on my N7. Before I get too far, I though maybe flashing a good ROM may be the easiest solution to lag.

Anything I should try before I go for it? The lag usually happens when setting up new apps and widgets (like Smooth Calendar Widget and Elecont Weather). Maybe those shouldn't be linked?

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Lag is usually cased by low RAM. If you can get it above 50% then you will be fine.
    You will have same problem eventually with all ROMs . Use a really good cache cleaner.
    Try SD Maid. You also need to delete internet cache.
    Anything to release the RAM other than wiping the dalvik cache.
    Try "Fast Reboot" as well.
    If you have Link2SD then you really don't want to wipe dalvik cache

If you just want to experiment and try a ROM then the Harmonia2 the MiRaGe, or the 01312012 build of the BACKside ROM would be the most stable Gingerbread ROMs.
    I have a little flashing tutorial here: http://androidforums.com/3263770-post22.html
    Nice to see you haven't forgotten use. Hope everything works out for you.

3. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks Andy. I think getting rid of GO Launcher solved a lot of issues. I had already wiped dalvik cache, no issues I'm aware of. I installed ssLauncher which is running much smoother (and much nicer to tweak things on a small screen). I'll try SD Maid, looks good.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
Tags: