1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Best Roms?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by a.norton, Feb 21, 2011.

1. a.norton

a.norton Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    i am a new root user and flashed to serendipity just the other day. I like it so far and i have heard from a couple of people that its the best rom out. I want to know what you guys think and more importantly if there are any other roms you guys have tried that you really like.

Advertisement

2. sethjamto

sethjamto Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    I've tried Cognition and now Serendipity. I don't see me swapping any time soon, as I have having a great time with Serendipity.

The best answer, though, would be to try a few out and see what YOU think. Each person has their own tastes, and each phone reacts to customs ROMs in their own way. If ya like what you have, then stick with it!

3. a.norton

a.norton Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    thanks! your right it really is an opinion and so far i'm liking serendipity, i might change once or twice just to see

4. Mide

Mide Guest
    None
    I got Cognition v3.04 and I'm enjoying it. I haven't tried Serendipity yet though. Anything is better than stock.

5. Rootmepls

Rootmepls Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    NorCal
    Just switched from Cog 3.04 over the weekend to Serendipity 5.10 and my battery life seems better. Less memory being used or more available also. I'll be sticking with this. There is already an update to 5.11 today. Seems to be a lot of constant work going on with it. Guess I need to go download 5.11

6. redvettez06

redvettez06 Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Another vote here for Serendipity. I haven't tried anything else but I like what I got and it's a hell of a lot better than stock.

7. meohman1

meohman1 Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    PSM Compliance Coordinator (Process Safety Managem
    Luling, LA

I've only tried Serendipity, but I am perfectly happy with it. The phone is blazing fast with no lag at all. My wife and I both got a Captivate at the same time. Hers is still stock 2.1. I compared hers to mine yesterday and was astounded at how much difference there was between the 2 phones - I had forgotten how slow the stock version was.

I will try hers on the Froyo update from ATT. If it isn't a vast improvement, I'll put Serendipity on her phone too.

Mike

8. ~Reaper~

~Reaper~ Well-Known Member
    None

serendipity all the way man hands down

9. Tristessie

Tristessie Newbie
    None

Dec 2, 2010
    I'm running Firefly right now...but I'm switching back to Serendipity tonight. I do love FF and I think my battery is better on it, but I wanna play with some of the new features in Serendipity!

10. Thassodar

Thassodar Newbie
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Texas
    I like my stuff slightly themed so I've been running RC5.1 for about two weeks now and I love it. Very solid, only problem is my home button flickers randomly like MAD now for no reason (previously it'd only do it once every 3-4 days). RC6 is coming out soon so I look forward to it, perhaps it'll fix the problem because with RC4 I never had a home button flicker issue.