• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best router for hero

sootman73

Lurker
Jul 22, 2010
Whats the best router to set up my own home wireless network to use with my Hero? my cell signal is not the best in the house and i already have high speed internet for the desktop. Before i start buying routers which ones do you guys prefer?

and when it comes to routers i know nothing about them as i have never had anything that used wifi until now.

I've got a Netgear DG834N, which is a brilliant router, BUT: it doesnt work with my hero if 802.11n is enabled, I have to restrict it to 802.11b/g for the hero to be able to connect to it reliably.

To be fair, i think this more of a failing with the hero and n mode wifi in general, rather than a problem with that specific router - so would still recommend netgear in a second over most other manufacturers. Pain the the bloody arse though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones