1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best screen protector & case combo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sam007, Jul 9, 2013.

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Verizon S4

Guys

Is there a good Best screen protector & case combo in the market? Just trying to make it easy to buy one thing

If not, please suggest the best screen protector & case separately

Thx!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

What's your price range and what kind of protection are you looking for?

3. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

just regular basic protection so that if i drop the case, it won't break the glass. Do I really need a case for that or would a screen protector be enough to protect against a phone falling down and breaking the glass?

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

As far as screen protectors go... you've got plastic (ranging 10-20 each) or tempered glass (ranging 20-40).

I'll let you research which YOU prefer but I'll NEVER go back to plastic having used a tempered glass screen protector.

Seidio, Spigen and Mimi seem to be the top brands with different features (and advantages and disadvantages to each). Having owned a 2 spigen glas.tr and 1 seidio vitreo, I'm personally inclined to choose the vitreo (even though it is more expensive then the others).

As far as cases go, that's a personal decision also. Not all cases are created equally and a 5 dollar TPU case may protect just as well as a 100 dollar high-end case. At the end of the day spending at least a few bucks usually doesn't hurt to protect a device though. My advice on this is get one that provides a lip so if you have the phone face down it doesn't come in contact with the glass.

You have options like a basic TPU to Tech21 (think that's the name) to Spigen to UAG to Seidio Surface/Active, etc... Once again, preference.

I have a Seidio Surface and Spigen Neo Hybrid (like the feel of it but not the quality).

5. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Alright - I guess I do have a budget. Can you recommend a screen protector and case, each for under $10

Thanks

6. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member

7. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Great i bought it - how about a case for under $10

Thx!

8. trucky

trucky Android Enthusiast

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews