1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Screen Protector for Swype/SlideIT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hkay1, May 20, 2011.

1. hkay1

hkay1 Newbie

Hello!

I have a replacement Droid X2 coming, so I took off my Zagg Invisible Shield so I could request a replacement Zagg (I have the $25 lifetime deal).

I was blown away at how much more smoothly Swyping is with the naked screen.

Keeping the phone naked really scares me. I am not convinced that Gorilla glass is really completely scratch proof and I do live in Florida where sand is everywhere, so I still want to protect my new screen, but I am wondering if I should consider a different brand of screen protector.

Which screen protector works best for Swyping? I have found that the Zagg IS is too sticky to be smooth and my finger sometimes stutters either at the beginning or the end. Is there another brand that better emulates the ultra smooth feel of the naked phone for Swyping?

2. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member

I don't use Swype but Steinhel Ultra Crystal screen protectors? Holy crap. After dealing with the Trident Kraken, using this on my screen is almost exactly as good as naked. But you definitely need to put it on in a low-dust environment, like the bathroom after your shower; I ruined the first one by not using the shower method and the amount of dust trapped under was obscene.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews