1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Best Screen Protector for the Job?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CaptNorris5, Jan 11, 2012.

1. CaptNorris5

CaptNorris5 Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    So my Prime is finally about to arrive tomorrow. Usually, I prefer to use a screen protector as it tends to reduce fingerprints and, more importantly, increases peace of mind. That being said, I've only used Zagg in the past. Does anyone have any suggestions for an all-around good screen protector for the TFP that 1) doesn't take away too much from the screen and 2) sits well on the device?

Much thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Spaded21

Spaded21 Member
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    None because the Prime has Gorilla Glass

3. CaptNorris5

CaptNorris5 Newbie
    None

Nov 30, 2011
    True - but Gorilla glass isn't entirely indestructible, and it certainly isn't fingerprint resistant... just looking to see if there's a good option out there

4. liammac

liammac Lurker
    None

Dec 7, 2011
  5. Spaded21

Spaded21 Member
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    No it's not, but neither are screen protectors. Yes I know those can be easily replaced though. My launch Incredible with GG still doesn't have a scratch on it and now that my wife has it, it really takes a beating. My Prime will be moved a lot less and cared for more so I don't see the need for a screen protector.

If I HAD to use one I would wait for Steinheil to make one since they are the only ones I have used that don't cause a loss in responsiveness and you really can't even feel them.

The screen is already pretty fingerprint resistant. Yes every touch screen, protector or not, will get fingerprints. But on my Prime I can't see them at all unless the screen is off. The included microfiber cloth does a fantastic job of easily cleaning the screen off; I use it about once a day.

6. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Banking
    Milwaukee
    Steinheil or ZAGG would be the only options I'd go with.

Ill be getting the ZAGG shortly since I have a gift certificate. Otherwise can't go wrong with either one IMO.