• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best screen size?

What is the best screen size?

• 3.5 inches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.0 inches

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • 4.3 inches

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • 4.5+ inches

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
I played with a Droid X and put it back to back to my Vibrant. They were actually the same size but the Vibrant has more frame (what is the tech term) around it. So 4.3 would be alright for me. But I wouldn't want a phone any wider, longer, or heavier, than the Vibrant. It is the perfect all around size. I still voted 4.0 b/c I have no beefs with the 4.0 and I don't know if I'd really gain anything with the 4.3.

Upvote 0
I played with a Droid X and put it back to back to my Vibrant. They were actually the same size but the Vibrant has more frame (what is the tech term) around it. So 4.3 would be alright for me. But I wouldn't want a phone any wider, longer, or heavier, than the Vibrant. It is the perfect all around size. I still voted 4.0 b/c I have no beefs with the 4.0 and I don't know if I'd really gain anything with the 4.3.

The Droid X is longer than our phone. That phone is too big IMO. I think the EVO is the same length and not sure if it is wider but i wouldnt really want to go any bigger than what we have. I dont want to have a big ol phone in my pocket and that Dell Streak is HUGE!! I havent played with one but everything ive seen is done in landscape mode and it just looks like a very uninteresting device to me. Just too damn big.

Upvote 0
LOL I saw a review that called it a mutant phone. Too big for a phone, too small for a tablet. ITA. It is a mutant! LOL
hahaha yea I've heard that too. I'm a big guy but yea that EVO is just huge I think and I have yet to see the Droid X with my own eyes. Not to say I dont like big things but if your thumb cant reach all of the screen, then whats the point.

Upvote 0
The Droid X is longer than our phone. That phone is too big IMO. I think the EVO is the same length and not sure if it is wider but i wouldnt really want to go any bigger than what we have. I dont want to have a big ol phone in my pocket and that Dell Streak is HUGE!! I havent played with one but everything ive seen is done in landscape mode and it just looks like a very uninteresting device to me. Just too damn big.

The Droid X and EVO are pretty much the same width. The Droid X is taller.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones