1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Best sense roms??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emoon91, Jan 10, 2012.

1. emoon91

emoon91 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    I currently have rooted my phone and am running cm7. I friggen love it but one thing I don like about it is that my camera is shit lol I remember stock camera was so clear and crisp but the camera on cm7 isn that great. Anyways, I feel like my battery drains faster now for some reason and reception is bad. So Im thinking about changing to a sense rom. Which one is the best sense rom? Can you tell me why its the best? lol also whoever used MIUI, how does it compare to cm7? Thank u

Advertisement

2. AliceBToklas

AliceBToklas Member
    None

May 11, 2011
    IT
    NC
    You will find opinions all over the place. You just need to do your homework on what may best suit you. The best thing about being rooted is that we all have our tastes and seek a developer with the best match. Ying and yang.

3. emoon91

emoon91 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Im a fan of cm7's customization features. Is there any sense rom that has those features? what do you use and how do u like it?

4. copestag

copestag Android Expert
    None

May 23, 2010
    youll need to be a bit more specific about which features you like

I personally have been using Incredible HD 2 rls 1 and like it quite a bit.... it has a few different features

I also tried mikrunny which is very similar...... many people say a bit better in fact....... I personally stopped using it because it had a few bugs that didnt agree with me (I completely lost the ability to get to the phone or contacts, if you cant use the phone feature then its just an iPod lol) so I went back to HD2

there are plenty of other sense roms out there...... all have something a little different to offer....... thats why you need to be more specific in what youre looking for

if youre not quite sure...... then familiarize yourself with making nandroids and try them all........ then when you decide which you preferred you can just restore that nandroid and go from there

5. emoon91

emoon91 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    i am down to try several roms but which of them has the least bugs and lags? what do you like about your rom? if you could mention some

6. AliceBToklas

AliceBToklas Member
    None

May 11, 2011
    IT
    NC
    Not really sure what might compare to CM7 on customizations.

As for me, I've gone through a few and most have been good - each with it's own strengths. If you want to avoid Sense you might give MIUI a shot. For those with Sense those based on the Inc2 are likely the most solid (GingerSense, GingerBangSense, andyBONESTOCK - might be others). For ports the Virtuous Unity & Affinity, MikRunny and CoreDroid are the ones I've tried and they are good. I might be forgetting some. Currently on CoreDroid but I have backups of the others on my SD card and switch based on wind direction, moon phase or just for the heck of it.

Use something like MyBackup Root and trying new ROMs becomes quite easy - maybe too easy. Given all the comments I've seen any preferences are very personal and nothing can substitute using it yourself.