• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods Best setcpu battery saving techniques for any android or anything else [Root only]

This is all that I remember from 2010/2011 when I actually did development and cared about eeking out extra battery performance. I'm sure there are more custom governors today and the rules are likely different.

Use the OnDemand governor if you want typical performance, and use the Conservative governor if you want better battery life and don't mind a slight delay in response at times.

Do not use PowerSave or Performance. Doing so completely defeats the purpose of setting the clock speeds.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
so yeah the title explains it all any best settings for saving battery with setcpu.

Well, for the rom i am running, the dev says to run interactive governor, cpu set at 122 min. and 806max.

Although i've found that 480min and 768max has been working well.

If you play games, kick the max up.

But i'm running an old low end device?

Upvote 0
Whats best for the huawei Premia stock ROM

You would best be informed in your specific device forum, or just play with the settings to see what works for you.

Every phone is different, as is the user.

But be careful, my rom has a checkbox to set cpu at boot up, if you have this leave it unchecked, because if checked and you set the cpu to high you might get stuck in a bootloop.

Upvote 0
You might not even be able to change any settings. Even when rooted, user adjustable CPU speeds/different governors are often only availble in custom kernels.

You can generally change governors or underclock a stock kernel, but not much else.

As far as the original question posed: whats best for one phone isnt best for everyone else. In fact, even if we have the same kind of phone my settings may not work for you.

I would suggest posing this question in your devices all things root forum.

What governors and kernels are available to me, likely aren't available on your phone, so the advice doesn't translate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones