• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best size/resolution for video?

Elpelco

Nov 13, 2009
UK
I did a quick search but couldn't seem to find anything, for forgive me if this has already been answered. I want to convert my movie files to watch on my SGS2, but I'm not sure what the best settings are to do that, since obviously I want them to look the best they can. Any suggestions?

Size is not an issue (they will come out at whatever size the screen is) but resolution is.

You don't want the resolution to be lower than the native screen resolution as they will look fuzzy and you don't want them to be higher resolution than the screen because the phone will just waste processor power resizing them.

Consequently, the ideal resolution is the native resolution of the SGS2 screen ie 800x480.

I am assuming here that you are going to watch them on the phone itself, not with an HD monitor attached using the MHL cable. If you are going to do this, they ought to be full HD ie 1920x1080.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones