1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best SMS app that will NOT...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PauByrd, Jul 12, 2011.

1. PauByrd

PauByrd Lurker

Can anyone suggest the best SMS app that will not slow my phone up or use too much battery? Thank you!

Advertisement

2. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the app that came pre-packaged with the phone? Works fine for me.

3. lvpre

lvpre Lurker

Try Handcent. Works well for me and doesn't kill battery life or slow down the phone.

4. sb65

sb65 Newbie

When texting, the "focus" frequently jumps to the first line of the conversation, so if you have traded 40 or so texts, it is a PITA to scroll back down 2 or 3 times when trying to type out a msg. It seems to have gotten worse with the 2.3 upgrade. I reported this when I first got my Evo Shift and HTC claims it is a known Android messaging bug. Why they don't fix it is beyond me. I will be changing to Handcent or another messaging app soon.

5. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Android Enthusiast

i use ChompSMS and have seen no problems with battery drain or phone lag. and i also used to ahve the cursor jump problem with the stock messeging app and i have not had it since i switched to chomp.

6. PegS

PegS Newbie

I use GoSMS, which is great and versatile.

7. slurp812

slurp812 Newbie

Some here.... but I delete my texts when there are too many. I hadn't even thought of a 3rd party app till I read this thread, thanks!

8. SyDiko

SyDiko Newbie

The stock messenging app, doesnt support using the enter key to send messages.

GoSMS, was the messenging app of choice for me, as it supports everything that I want from an app. It's also free and doesn't have any ads! :)

9. jigsaw

jigsaw Newbie

you cannot change the font size.

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews