1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Best Solutions for Droid Opening in Pocket

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jamo, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Educator
    SC
    I realized yesterday that I'm killing my battery life by having my Droid sliding open while in my pocket. I never really paid attention to it, the sliding open never really bothered me, until I realized that basically my phone was sliding open, coming on, then closing, then opening again. Does anyone use a case that keeps it from opening?

Advertisement

2. i ride a burton

i ride a burton Active Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Student
    Where you wanna be!
    I keep my phone in my pocket all day long as well and I never really have noticed the problem until about two weeks ago I was at work and my phone got super warm in my pocket and I realized it was from all the opening and closing it was doing as I was rushing around! Needless to say I took it out and left it sit for a while to cool it down and the next time I went into work I took a case I had laying around that happened to fit the droid perfectly and have never had a single problem with heat or battery life since. I used to go 8 hours at work and the phone battery would drop 60-70% with hardly any use but a few text messages 0.o but since I've been using the case I am lucky to drop 10-20% even with using it the whole time I am there.

I just use this case, not leather but same size and style of case - http://www.fonegear.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=646

3. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Androids
    Tara
    Look around on this forum for the various Droid case threads.

I use a "G1" case that I bought off eBay for $3.95 that works perfectly for the Droid. It fits even if you have a Seido Innocase on the phone. I believe the seller is "oemplanet."

There are many other slipcases that work as well.

jamo likes this.
  4. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Wear looser pants.

5. SwinePunk

SwinePunk Member

Nov 29, 2009
    California
    Don't wear loser pants! Try looser pants though maybe.

6. akkkmed

akkkmed Guest

Damnit! I went to quote to say the same thing but you beat me by seconds!

7. jamo

jamo Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Educator
    SC
    Thanks Tara, I'll check that out.

8. viomonk

viomonk Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Haha as ghetto as it sounds a rubber band would do the trick. That is if you aren't into that whole "spending money" thing people are into these days lol.

9. choop145

choop145 New Member

Feb 12, 2010
    I use Fantasy Lockscreen app and never had my phone pocket dial. Give it a try. I forget if its free or cost a buck.