• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best sounding cars/bikes

Meh, I have to repair/replace my supercharger, and was considering a Lysholm (screw), but I dread the thought of my car sounding like a "fire engine siren"...there are scilencer kits for it however, but whatever floats your boat.

I don't know, I just like the sound. Never really heard it described as a fire engine siren...more of a banshee being violated in the worst way.

I only have a roots style, but even that sound is addictive. I'd probably spend a lot less of fuel every month if I could break the habit of stepping on the gas just to hear the supercharger wail.

Upvote 0
I love Infiniti's signature tune of the exhaust. Whenever I hear that tune, I know for sure it is an Infiniti. No other car can immediately make me think of a certain brand or model just by listening to what's coming out of its exhaust. It's like a trademark.
I agree with your statement here but i actually recognize two like this....definitely infinity has the beautiful almost computerized sounding exhaust that i love but i never mistake the low rumble and backfire of a Dodge SRT-4....if i had to choose an all time favorite it would be the low rpm backfire of a SRT-4....love it...(No im not comparing to all the super cars your all talking about)

Upvote 0
IME nothing beats the sound of a high-revving V-12, a Ferrari or Aston Martin, for instance. Second to that, the balanced burble of any properly designed V-8 motor is mighty sweet.

I've lived in places where on the handful of perfect summer days the rich people would take out their exotics, and I could enjoy. I also remember being passed by a "New Edge" ('99-'03) SVT Mustang that must have had an aftermarket exhaust on its 4-valve V-8, because it was sounding as good as any Ferrari V-12 that I've heard.

I do NOT like the noise from mild I-4 motors with a Helmholtz resonator trying (and failing) to add the bass notes that only a larger motor can give. I do like flat fours, though. Something in the balance of boxer motors that makes them more agreeable to the ear.

I had a customer who built racing cars using the Ford 2.3l SOHC motor. With a tri-Y exhaust and a hot cam, they sounded pretty nice...for an I-4 that is.

Upvote 0
i had a 83 toyota tercel tr5 hatchback 5 speed, the muffler fell off, it sounded downright bad ass.

i agree about the inifiniti's for the stock sound of a decent consumer car....the FX's sound great

the v series cadillacs are might nice too

I have a family member with a 2000 Lincoln ls with a stainless magnaflow cat-back and the muffler tip fell off wo when you're at about 4000 rpm the exhaust resonates in the bumper and sounds great! haha but soo loud

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones