1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Best Sprint Phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by hermunn123, Aug 22, 2011.

1. hermunn123

hermunn123 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    I currently have the EVO on Sprint. I like the size of it, I like the screen, I don't use the 4G a whole lot as it's hit and miss and kills the battery. The battery life sucks but I'm usually near a charger most of the day so it's not the end of the world... on weekends when I'm away from the office, I'll have to be careful throughout the day to not kill it... [​IMG]

My biggest qualm with the phone is the internal memory. It has 512MB of internal memory, which is pathetic. I have several apps which cannot be moved to the SD card which fill up the 512MB very quickly. I have deleted all the apps that I don't need (and several that I wanted to keep but just ran out of space). I perpetually have the "low internal memory" warning on my phone. I cannot download new apps now because I only have ~30MBs of internal memory and my phone cannot install anything else and updates are even tough to do on most apps.

I think it's total BS that my 16GB SD card can't be utilized better to allow me to use more apps and just general phone usage. My phone seems to drag ass a lot more now.

What I want in a phone: Sprint (I have Sero Premium or I'd probably move to Verizon for real 4G speeds), Android, loads of "internal" memory so I don't have this same problem (preferrably like 8G)...

I'm currently under contract with Sprint... I just got this phone in March or so. Is there any way to get a new phone without having to pay the standalone price? I don't want to spend $500-700 for a new phone. [​IMG]

Recommendations?? [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    I'd suggest an SGS2 if you'd like that. Samsung phones with internal SD storage usually have almost 2gb of these allocated for app storage.

On my SGSL and my classmate's SGS1, we have 1.87gb of internal app storage. I actually dont have any app on internal or external sd card. An SGS2 would also have another 13 or 29gb storage as internal SD (depending on which variant you get, there's a 16gb and a 32gb variant) which you could transfer other apps too as well. And you can even extend it some more with an external sd card.

hermunn123 likes this.
  3. hermunn123

hermunn123 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Thanks for the input chanchan... I thought the SGS2 was still up in the air on whether or not it will be available with Sprint...?? Will it likely be available with Sprint when it comes out?

4. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    The Galaxy S2 is coming to Sprint. Right now the best high end phone on Sprint would be debated between the EVO 3D and the Photon 4G, but when the GS2 hits that will prob take the top spot in my opinion.

5. hermunn123

hermunn123 Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Awesome! Is there a tentative date yet?

Since I'm under contract with my EVO, is the only way to get the SGS2 by paying full price?

6. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    There a Samsung event in New York City on Aug 29th which is supposed to be a Galaxy S2 announcement event and we'll know more concrete details then. Yes the only way to get it is paying full price I believe.