• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best STG(AdventRush) is available now

smartxiang

Nov 2, 2010
We published this game just now, and you can find it by searching "adventrush" on the android market.

The introduction of this game::p

74796_104127962988609_100001742176535_25375_3701113_n.jpg

AD 2300, with the rapid development of science and technology, human take magic from fiction world into reality.However, then a new world war breaks out because of humans' greed for new energy.
73868_104126916322047_100001742176535_25365_5636147_n.jpg

Lasia was born in an outlying small country, which is rich and beautiful. But it is fated to be invaded, because of its richness of magic energy.

76705_104127109655361_100001742176535_25366_6553546_n.jpg

Robint, who was born in 2206, will be the the founder of Technological Magic when he grows up. During the last years of his life, Robint wrote an ultimate magic book, which can only be understood by himeself.

76844_104127186322020_100001742176535_25368_6200760_n.jpg

Lasia, fleeing from the enemies, travels through time with a mysterious book and, she find a boy......

75368_104127326322006_100001742176535_25370_7240149_n.jpg

I am happy and proud to release the best STG game on Android platform. Energetic music, new control method, multi-touch supported, beautiful yet challenging bullet curtains, various levels, all of which will bring you the best game experiences and stimulating challenges.

At last, this game needs android OS at least 2.0.

150301_104127762988629_100001742176535_25372_287138_n.jpg

And this is the game video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0ta1H7qtw&feature=share

We have changed the game control. This will be different with the game video.

FREE VERSION
Try this first!
You can download it here, version 1.01:
AdventRushLite.zip - Windows Live

PAID VERSION
$2,99 on market.

Have fun!~~
^_^

Attachments

• chartLite AndroidForums.png
    chartLite AndroidForums.png
    1 KB · Views: 115
  • chartFull AndroidForums.png
    chartFull AndroidForums.png
    916 bytes · Views: 63
Reactions: Rob_A
I tried the Lite version. Here are my impressions:

Graphics: Crisp, clear, colorful, imaginative. I like the aesthetics of this game. I wouldn't say the graphics are great, but they are nice in a Super Nintendo sort of way. The graphics are the best part of this game.

Gameplay: This game is old-school tough. The enemies come at you in waves, with guns blazing. While this level of difficulty will not appeal to all gamers, I love it!

Controls: This is where the superlatives end. For a game like this, the controls need to be super-responsive. At least on my EVO, the controls were too sluggish. What I mean is that there is a delay between when I move my finger, and when the character moves on-screen. It's one thing to die because the game kicks your @$$; it's another thing entirely when you die because the controls lack precision. Actually, my only beef with this game is the responsiveness of the controls.

Overall: The worst thing I can say about this game is that the controls just aren't responsive enough. The graphics are great; gameplay is punishing (in a good way). Just optimize the controls and this game could easily be one of the better top-down shooters in the Market. I will definitely be keeping my eye on this game. I hope the Dev makes the necessary improvements to the controls, as this game has the potential to be really good:)

Reactions: smartxiang
Upvote 0
I tried the Lite version. Here are my impressions:

Graphics: Crisp, clear, colorful, imaginative. I like the aesthetics of this game. I wouldn't say the graphics are great, but they are nice in a Super Nintendo sort of way. The graphics are the best part of this game.

Gameplay: This game is old-school tough. The enemies come at you in waves, with guns blazing. While this level of difficulty will not appeal to all gamers, I love it!

Controls: This is where the superlatives end. For a game like this, the controls need to be super-responsive. At least on my EVO, the controls were too sluggish. What I mean is that there is a delay between when I move my finger, and when the character moves on-screen. It's one thing to die because the game kicks your @$$; it's another thing entirely when you die because the controls lack precision. Actually, my only beef with this game is the responsiveness of the controls.

Overall: The worst thing I can say about this game is that the controls just aren't responsive enough. The graphics are great; gameplay is punishing (in a good way). Just optimize the controls and this game could easily be one of the better top-down shooters in the Market. I will definitely be keeping my eye on this game. I hope the Dev makes the necessary improvements to the controls, as this game has the potential to be really good:)

Thanks very much to you!

I have improved the game control, and you can try the latest version right now.

To express our thanks to you, I will tell you a secret of this game a few days later.

And if you feel this version of game still sluggish, we are glad to hear from you at any time.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the latest Lite version 1.01 and tried it on my Droid X. The first few seconds of the game and the character control seems more responsive than version 1.00. However as soon as my character flies to the top of the Adventure building rooftop, everything slows way down and sometimes totally stops for 5 seconds or more. From that point forward the game is totally unplayable with all the slow-downs and I have to exit. Yes, this version is extremely sluggish! I've tried this several times and every time the same thing, even after powering down and restarting my phone.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the latest Lite version 1.01 and tried it on my Droid X. The first few seconds of the game and the character control seems more responsive than version 1.00. However as soon as my character flies to the top of the Adventure building rooftop, everything slows way down and sometimes totally stops for 5 seconds or more. From that point forward the game is totally unplayable with all the slow-downs and I have to exit. Yes, this version is extremely sluggish! I've tried this several times and every time the same thing, even after powering down and restarting my phone.

First, thanks very much for the feedback, and I am sorry for this.
Could you tell me, did AdventRush crash? Or this game runs slow all the time on your phone? Did the version 1.0 have the same problem?
When the character flies to the rooftop, there are two graphic layers run at the same time, and I think this made your phone run slow. I am sorry that I didn

Upvote 0
First, thanks very much for the feedback, and I am sorry for this.
Could you tell me, did AdventRush crash? Or this game runs slow all the time on your phone? Did the version 1.0 have the same problem?
When the character flies to the rooftop, there are two graphic layers run at the same time, and I think this made your phone run slow. I am sorry that I didn

Upvote 0
I just picked up my phone after letting it sit idle for a couple hours and ran the game again. Now there is only a very small slowdown when the character flies to the rooftop. And the game now runs fine without the problem of slowdown and stuttering. When I experienced problems before the game didn't crash although it seemed that way since it froze for a period of time. I'm going to play with the game some more and see if rebooting my phone causes the sluggishness or if it might be some program that may be running in the background. Sorry I'm not more help to you at the moment.

OK, that's fine.

We are young, and need everybody's support.:)

Upvote 0
I tested it some more and there is a definite slowness and slugginess the first time I run the game after rebooting. However, it seems if I exit the game and then run again then the problem seems to go away. It just seems to be that way the very first time.

Also the control of the character still seems to lack precision like Essex said. It would be better if the control was similar to Sky Force.

Upvote 0
Also the control of the character still seems to lack precision like Essex said. It would be better if the control was similar to Sky Force.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Perhaps tilt control (like Sky Force) would work better than the current setup? The advantage of tilt control is that its sensitivity can calibrated and it allows the player to see the entire screen.

Upvote 0
I was thinking the exact same thing! Perhaps tilt control (like Sky Force) would work better than the current setup? The advantage of tilt control is that its sensitivity can calibrated and it allows the player to see the entire screen.
Essex I was actually talking about the responsive touch control in Sky Force but you're dead on about having a tilt control option for this type of game. Good suggestion!

One other thing I would like to see in this game is a different color used for my character's blasting than any of the enemy's. Right now I sometimes get confused between their firing and mine and dodge the wrong way.

Upvote 0
Essex I was actually talking about the responsive touch control in Sky Force but you're dead on about having a tilt control option for this type of game. Good suggestion!

One other thing I would like to see in this game is a different color used for my character's blasting than any of the enemy's. Right now I sometimes get confused between their firing and mine and dodge the wrong way.

I dont think tilt control is a good idea.....look, the bullet curtains...tilt control will make you easier to die~haha~ I played it several times and i think i have been accustomed to the control. Just move a little to avoid the bullets~But i have to say it is really a challenging game! And very fun!

sometimes get confused? To be honest,yes...haha~ but girls like different colors~

Upvote 0
I agree with Pushwall and Dan Fury, Sky Force really is an example of how this type of game should control. Like Sky Force, there should be 3 control types: (1) Touch (but much more responsive than the current setup), (2) Tilt, with limited touch for special moves and alternating firing mode, and (3) Trackball/Trackpad, with limited touch for special moves and alternating firing mode.

Clean up the controls and this game will be successful. Also, please do not get discouraged by our criticism. I think I speak for everyone on this post that we only want the game to be as good as it can be. I've seen several developers come to this forum, and announce their new game. We then try it and criticize it. The developer stops responding, and stops updating their game. Don't give up! You really have created the foundation for a kick-@$$ shooter... Just follow the blueprint laid out by Sky Force (and Sky Force Reloaded) and you will be fine!

Upvote 0
I am sorry for late.
It is hard to express my thanks to both of you. We spent nearly 5 months making this game as our first effort, and what we want is to create a new concept of game on android platform. Just as our goal: reaching your dreams.
Recently, we have received so many emails all over the world. Most of them gave the same advice to us, and we take it seriously.
Just wait for one or two days, we will update the game and will satisfy all of you. I promise.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi, I wrote you an e-mail about trackball controls and haven't heard back yet.
As you can see, there are more people referencing Sky Force for controls, so please add trackball support, so I can enjoy this great game like I want to.
I made a video back then, showcasing the controls, please have a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3dWGOM1VQ4

Nice video!
It must have taken you lot of time to make this.

Upvote 0
I have updated the game to version 1.05, now you can move the app to SD card and play it by using your track ball or keyboard.
For more, this game will show fps on the top of screen, and you can keep it as a mobile performance detector. (Max to 30fps)

And I think maybe I would add an accelerometer control later if necessary.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones