1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Best things to do after root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by John_Roger, Feb 18, 2011.

1. John_Roger

John_Roger Well-Known Member

Just installed z4 root, any tips on cool things to do. i.e- root for dummiez

Advertisement

2. Greavous

Greavous Android Enthusiast

The best thing to do after rooting is choosing a ROM and loading it. I think the world of Apex 1.4 and the last Liberty 1.5 was pretty good too. Both of these ROMs have most if not all the BLUR garbage removed yet allow you to replace the BLUR components you enjoyed/used prior to loading a ROM.

Having root also lets you do stuff like taking screen shots when you want to show something, wireless tether, access all the files on your phone not just those on the SD card....

The most important thing is that you do your due diligence and read and understand what you are doing BEFORE you do it. Learning to make a backup before you make a major change, follow the installation directions to the letter and ASK when you just dont know. Im by no means a pro at any of this, to most im an old man walking in a new age world and reading and understanding and asking when I dont has kept me from having "issues".

3. jlewis74

jlewis74 Well-Known Member

Go to the market and search for "Root" and search for some apps that are good only for rooted devices.

Droid X Bootstrapp
    Rom Manager
    Ti Backup
    ^^^^^ These are required if you want to run a custom ROM, also do plenty of reading in the guides about how to do it or ask questions!

These are just good to have
    Shootme (for capturing screenshots)
    Droid Overclock
    Quick Boot
    Wireless Tether
    Boot Logo Changer

4. DrDiff

DrDiff Well-Known Member

Another thing that you must do after root.. Get the free wireless teather working so you don't have to pay Verizon for it!

Another thing to consider is jrummy's Droid Overclock....