• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best Touch Pen for Desire?

Jun 17, 2010
sorry tried a search but Pen weilds no results (too short a word) and Touch brings up too many!

So as the title suggests, which is the best? Seems to be a fair few on the 'net but I would'nt mind some first hand reviews if you know what I mean!
ta

I was thinking of getting one for my GF and did a lot of reading about them and couldn't come up with more than a handful of people having anything good to say about them. Apparently you really have to press down hard to register anything for typing and when you start doing the the rubber end starts to break up so I would say you would be at risk of scratching your screen. Even the official HTC ones are supposed to be rubbish.

Upvote 0
cool thanks guys, I just thought a pen could be handy for spending long periods at the Desire and especially handy for using Swype.

The resistive touch screens are the real domain of the pens, the whole idea of the capacitive screens was to make the pens redundant.
If you have ever used a resistive screen you will know what i mean
Got one on my lg renoir & although i used to find it very good, i now find it terrible to use.

Upvote 0
I didn't think you could use a pen on the Desire as the screen detects heat rather than touch. You can test this by trying it with the edge of a SIM card (for example) and it doesn't work.

On my old Samsung Omnia, the screen was sensitive to touch, but the pen it came with was just an afterthought, and attached to the phone lanyard-style, so it was constantly swinging down and scratching the screen :-(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones