• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Twitter app to date

I was considering trying that one since I am such a fan of the dev. Whats the best parts of it that make it stand out? Ive been using Seesmic

In my opinion,.it has everything there. Some apps are missing things. I find that with Touiteur every feature you would expect to be there is. The only thing I would say could be a potential draw back to Touiteur is that it has so much it can tend to look a little over crowed. But once you get use to it,...it's great. :)

Upvote 0
My vote is for Twicca Beta.
twicca BETA | AndroidApplications.com
The interface is clean, easy to use, efficient. And the color label feature is something all Twitter clients should have going forward. I also like the link-preview feature that allows you to expand shortened URLs before clicking through.

I'm trying this one now and it appears to be a great Twitter client. Thanks for sharing. :)

Upvote 0
Official Twitter client is great and in my opinion also one of the best looking Android applications.

It's true, it looks great but doesn't seem to show you how many updates you've sent or anyone else for that matter...which may or may not be important to some but for me I like to see how much someone is updating before I follow them. Having the Update is just more useful info IMO. :)

Upvote 0
You may find this article very informative:

Twitter for Android: the best apps reviewed -- Engadget

It's lengthy, but if you want to skip reading about each app you can scroll to the bottom and see a comparison chart of all the features that each app supports. It's what helped me determine what app was best for me.

Article is dated May 6, 2010, so it's recent enough to be pretty accurate about each client.

Upvote 0
Just been re-trying a few Twitter apps after reading about them again

I really dislike the UI of Twidroid, not my cup of tea. The official Twitter app is still a no go for me, no remembering where I am in the timeline, and only loading the past hours worth of tweets is no good if I haven't checked Twitter in a good few hours.

Twicca which has been mentioned alot... the UI is really nice and simplistic, something I like. I would give it a decent go if I could actually see my mentions and messages... both options give me a connection error, yet my other Twitter apps viewed them fine.

Back too Touiteur!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones