1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Two Way Mobile Radio Internet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maclee, Feb 17, 2020.

1. maclee

maclee Lurker

Does anybody have any experience with PositionPTT Push To Talk for Two Way Radio Mobile internet service? I remember seeing it mentioned here a while back, but can't find the post.

I live in a rural area and my only options for internet are pretty much satellite or Two Way Mobile Radio service. Two years ago, Verizon flat out lied about their home internet service to get me to sign up, my contract is finally up.

Is PositionPTT Two Way Mobile actually Mobile Radio, meaning there is no data caps, no throttling, etc? This would be hooked up to my router and used as whole Mobile Radio services. .

Maybe someone has a better recommendation?

PositionPTT – Push To Talk offers all-digital nationwide Push Talk mobile radio (two way radio) network to communicate across the country and around the globe That's not to say it's the cheapest or most deal-friendly Two Way Radio Wifi carrier.

ballcaccha likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

It might help if you were to elaborate upon what your needs are for a service.

3. Sam Howard

Sam Howard Lurker

I have no idea but it is good to work

4. petersonlee

petersonlee Lurker

Yes PositionPTT I agree! radio frequencies have nothing to do with USB or WiFi. Looks like you are looking for a mobile phone solution, and to be honest, seems to be the cheapest and more flexible technology. Check with your phone providers. PositionPTT(Push To Talk) come up in the search results. There might be others, or even a phone app can do the job.

5. petersonlee

petersonlee Lurker

Yes PositionPTT I agree! radio frequencies have nothing to do with USB or WiFi. Looks like you are looking for a mobile phone solution, and to be honest, seems to be the cheapest and more flexible technology. Check with your phone providers. PositionPTT(Push To Talk) come up in the search results. There might be others, or even a phone app can do the job.
    positionptt.com

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Just buy a set of two-way radios, walkie talkies isn't it? This used to be more much more common in the days of CB radio, during the 80s. Two-way PTT hand held radios are still available, they're just not used so much these days. and NO INTERNET REQUIRED.

I still use my Internet radio, and that doesn't require the Internet, and things like WiFi, etc.
    internet_all_transistor_radio.jpg

#6 mikedt, May 29, 2020
    Last edited: May 29, 2020
    puppykickr likes this.