1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best Use Case for Smart Watch

Discussion in 'Wear Os' started by TF_Social, Oct 24, 2019.

1. TF_Social

TF_Social Lurker

Hello,

I'm trying to do some research on different use cases for smart watches or any kind of android wearables.

What are the best use cases you've seen or heard about for smart watches or wearables?

Looking for insights into how they help monitor specific health threats, or how people are using them in conjunction with their work.

If anyone has any interesting use cases, please share.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what is a "use" case"

i have 3 smart watches. an lg urbane, galaxy gear s3 and the gear sport watch.....none of them have a case.

these are watches, why would you need a case?

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

The case you might use for smart-watches would be very similar to the sort of case you might store your ordinary watches in.
    8-small-watch-case-main-big1-768x671.jpg

Built-in charging would be a useful feature to have though, to keep your smart-watches fully charged.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

A "use case" is a term from software design, where you consider how your software will be used and hence what features or interfaces it requires.

The question that occurs to me is whether "android" is important here? Because few if any of the uses of wearables I can think of depend on the OS (none intrinsically so: a particular hardware feature or app could always be implemented on a different platform).

5. TF_Social

TF_Social Lurker

Yes, a use case is as Hadron mentioned above (although i do like Mikedt's idea of having a charger built into their storage case).

I was asking about Android because iOS is so limited, so i'm sure the use cases or examples of innovative wearables would be a lot more extensive on devices running Android OS. If iOS, the only wearable i've ever seen is the Apple watch.

6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

well i setup and maintain aquariums for high end clients and businesses. my hands are constantly in water or doing something where getting to my phone would be very difficult. i love my watch because i can see who is calling or texting me directly without having to pull out my phone. i use that feature more then anything else on my watch.

i also use it to gage how my walk was, which is my daily exercise. i have to walk my dog so he can lose weight and help with his hip dysplasia. so with the samsung health on my watch, i can track my distance, heart rate, avg pace, and so forth.

also like to use the watch to pay for things using samsung pay. i use it mainly to gage people's surprise when i use it.

Snakeyeskm and dontpanicbobby like this.
  7. Think of any studies involving hand gestures such as eating, drinking, smoking. I am involved in smartwear sensors research in studying smoking behaviors as well as modeling cessation solutions to smokers. If you are a researcher, we can talk. I have some publications out there.