• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best Video playback for micro-hdmi?

CCCC

Jul 12, 2010
Hey there, I just received a micro hdmi an wanted to know what is the best settings for just connecting my DroidX to my tv to watch dvds? Do I skip the converting process altogether an just make sure that the video that I burned from a dvd can be played with the Droid X media gallery while connected to hdmi? I have converted some dvds (Super Troopers) for optimal playback on the Droid X but when I watch that video through HDMI it really isn't the best quality. I have used DVD Catalyst.

If you know of some threads already concerning this, please post em.

Thank you for your help: Click link below.
How do you say thank you? Over 200 languages/dialects. Brought to you by the E-Tailer's Digest - your resource for retail on the Net. - Retail discussion list.

I'm wondering this too. Don't have a cable yet, so I can't try anything, but I'm ripping and converting a DVD right now, making an mp4 file with fairly high quality video at 720x480 resolution, so it should look good on the DX, but until I get a cable, I can't check it on HDMI. But I'm thinking just make the resolution as high as you can. What kind of issues are you seeing exactly?

By the way, I'm using either DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD (prefer Shrink, but sometimes the copy protection keeps it from working but Decrypter can do it), then convert it to mp4 using Jodix Free iPod Video Converter. Yes, I said iPod. Like it matters, an mp4 is an mp4, and the DVDs I ripped and converted using it and playing on my Microsoft Zune 30 worked perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones