1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Best vpn, possibly with WiFi included

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rgarner, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

Which would it be? How expensive is it? Would it be available in the back of beyond as well as normal places?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

Why not get a VPN router, then all your devices can benefit from the one VPN.
    https://www.techradar.com/news/best-vpn-routers
    or just Google for VPN router.

And there are many VPN apps in the play store.

Or, for a free basic VPN, install Opera browser which has it's own built in VPN.

Rgarner likes this.
  3. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I like those. The only thing is that I may end up somewhere with no wifi and I can't get much use out of the phone without it. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

4. Davdi

Davdi Android Expert

How much of a data allowance do you get? and is it expensive to buy more data?

Rgarner likes this.
  5. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

I guess it's unlimited. It's included anyway. I may end up somewhere I would have to pay for it separately. What I want is to have wifi, unlimited if possible, and a good, secure vpn.

6. Trom

Trom Android Enthusiast

I
    I have been pleasantly surprised with Proton VPN, I'll probably end up paying. The free version offers fewer servers, but I see no slowdown whatsoever.

puppykickr and Rgarner like this.
  7. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

That's great, but I still have to get WiFi. I tried contacting centurylink. After maybe one hour of phone calls, I found out that they can "locate" everything around the place but not it. I'm supposed to be called back in a day or two. By then I probably won't have the wifi I do now. There has got to be a better way.