1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

best way to backup roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by killerb777, Feb 7, 2011.

1. killerb777

killerb777 Member

Finally got my Liberty 1.5 the way I like it. What is the best way to backup my current rom setup. I have a backup of all my apps on titanium backup but I wasn't sure how to backup my rom setup. Is rom manager the way to go or bootstrap, etc... If I ever decide to try say apex or other roms, I'd like to have the option to easily go back to my current setup.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Android Expert

I personally prefer bootstrap ....just open it go into clockwork recovery then scroll to backup/restore and select backup ..let it do its thing then reboot when finished ....very simple

killerb777 likes this.
  3. k0smo86

k0smo86 Android Enthusiast

Make a nandroid backup by booting into recovery using the Bootstrap app, or by using ROM manager. Either of these will make an exact backup of your phone as is.

killerb777 likes this.
  4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I prefer RM since it's easier to see all your backups and it's easy to use logical file names.

stock_2.3.340_12-08-2010 means more to me than 20101208110423.

If you use recovery, you'll have to use root explorer or RM to rename that backup.

This is what my backups look like in Rom Manager:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews