1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Best way to full backup of Desire-S?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Morat, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Hello,
    my wife's desire-s is going back to Orange tomorrow morning and I've been informed that I need to save everything off it by tonight. Is there an app that will allow me to make the new phone just exactly the same as the old one?
    I've looked at Titanium backup, but it requires root - which I'm not sure I want to do just before the phone is replaced (wifi fault).
    Thanks very much!
    Morat

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    In short, no, not without rooting your phone.

But you can save contacts, calendar, documents, media files and text messages.

You can do this either by syncing/backing-up with apps and services you already have on your phone, e.g. by syncing with Google, the Orange 'Backup' app, etc, or using HTC Sync that came with your phone, or with an app like MyBackup from Android Market.

If you back up what you can with the trial version of MyBackup, it will only restore to the same phone you backed up your data on. So if you get a replacment phone or one with a different IMEI, it won't work. You won't have this potential problem with the Pro version.

You'll have to re-install apps. You'll lose their settings and data, unless, like with Google, you can individually sync/save the data of some apps on the 'cloud' or if they give you the option of being able to save to your SD card.

3. madmonk

madmonk Member
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Astro file manager. very straightforward. back up all your apps and their data.

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    ASTRO backs up the .apk file only, not the user data or settings.

5. jamiethemac

jamiethemac Member
    None

Nov 23, 2011
    prison officer
    market weighton
    you can copy the contents of your SD card a laptop or pc simply by connecting the phone in disk drive mode and then copy and paste the whole lot on to your desktop.

Tags: